Got android 2.2 software to download instantly
chyduke

So get this.. I uninstall advanced task killer and then restart my phone... Guess what.. I go to look for system updates and 2.2 is downloading OTA. Can someone explain this to me or what... Now I will see if it completely works or destroys the phone!

0 Likes
Re: Got android 2.2 software to download instantly
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's possible that ATK could've been killing the update service if it was set up incorrectly.  Task killers generally end up causing more issues than they fix and Android can manage the memory perfectly fine on its own contrary to what some people believe.

0 Likes
chyduke

Okay just got fully installed and all apps up and running just like that.. look at the time i posted thats when it downloaded initially and now look at the time. Thats how long it took to install! All I can figure is that advanced app killed prevented the program from running in the background and killing the ability for it to download. My wife got her update this morning and her phone was turned off last night and she does not have advanced app killer on her phone. Hope this helps.. if anyone can explain it to me thats great!

0 Likes
chyduke

That sounds about right.. hope it helps and works out for other who have not gotten the update.

0 Likes
quietstorm2488
I deleted my ATK last night, still no update.
0 Likes
m_metz65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I just read this post about 10 minutes ago. As soon as I read it I uninstalled my ATK and guess what?

Yep Froyo was already downloading when I went to settings to look..

My phone has now booted back up(thank god I didn't get the M screen of death) gonna play with it now and see if I have any issues.

0 Likes
ErickG
Found the same thing last night. I uninstall ATK and the Froyo update notice popped up. My wife did the same, but didn't get the Froyo prompted until after freeing up internal memory. Once she had it, over I think a 100 MB, the notice popped up.

Neither one of us is having any problems with Froyo.
0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1
Sounds like you're on to something ... good catch.
0 Likes
eric3003
Just did it, I got FroYo... it works, if u don't have 2.2 yet try it... so excited... someone should have figured this out 2 weeks ago
0 Likes
chyduke

Its an amazing thing to see it start downloading.. For those of you who have tried it make and it didn't work.. try to turn your phone off and reboot after you uninstall ATK.

0 Likes