Google Maps and pictures
Fad3c

My friend was showing me his I-Phone and he had pin on google map where ever he took pictures. I was wondering if that also works for the Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Google Maps and pictures
RonAnderson
I believe that it does. Hit the menu while in maps, press help scroll down till you see location, most of it is in beta. Press and it will walk you through it.

Ron
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try going to the camera on the device and  take  a picture of the place  you are currently in (you must be at that location) and it will mark your picture with a GPS location.  Then you can go to  your gallery and click the picture you want, press menu, more, show on maps.  It will be displayed on the map and you can route to that location.  Make sure to have  your location settings turned on and have the most updated version of Google Maps.  

Copy and paste the link below into your browser,s address bar for more information.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Android10 wrote:

Try going to the camera on the device and  take  a picture of the place  you are currently in (you must be at that location)

Out of curiosity, is there some way to take a picture of the place you are currently in (without being at that location)?:smileyvery-happy:

Or even to BE in the place you are currently in (without being at that location)? These DROIDs are seriously advanced!:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You would not want to confuse the feature with street view or a location that is far away. You also could not used an old picture that was taken without the GPS service on when the picture was taken. 

For example, you can not take a picture of a location across a river, and expect it to lead you to that location.  The picture has to be within a reasonable location relative to where the phone is when the picture is taken.  

0 Likes