Google Account Missing
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

After upgrading to Gingerbread on 7/15 my main Google account went missing.  After working with a tech, they recommended a factory reset.  After that everything was fine.  

Now just a few days later the main google account is missing again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: Google Account Missing
bbird205

My GMail and Market apps both went missing after the update. I'm hoping that they find a fix soon. It sounds like there are multiple random problems with the update.

0 Likes
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did another factory reset at the suggestion of the Verizon tech. They said if this happens again the device will need to be replaced. hopefully they will get enough calls to put out a proper fix.
0 Likes
ktshutts08

yeah i noticed the same thing this morning, cant get into my Gmail account or the Market Place. do we need to call and report it or stop by a store?

0 Likes
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2
I called them on the phone and they walked me through it
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

jpmunk wrote:

After upgrading to Gingerbread on 7/15 my main Google account went missing.  After working with a tech, they recommended a factory reset.  After that everything was fine.  

Now just a few days later the main google account is missing again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Jpmunk,

I definitely understand how frustrating this can be! I have reviewed my references for this issue and I would like you to try some troubleshooting for me. Please clear browser app data from:

settings>apps>manage filter by all>browser(internet)-clear data

I hope this information is helpful and resolves your concerns. Have a great day!

0 Likes
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2
Why its the internet browser related to the missing account issue? The account on question here is the main google account
0 Likes
Not applicable

Jpmunk, I understand this issue would be frustrating, having to do more than one factory reset. When your Google Account went missing, do you know if the application was still showing installed under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> If so, I would suggest clearing data from Gmail and all Google Apps on the phone. Since there was an issue with the Market, clear cache from the Market also. I also checked and I am not showing this as a known issue with the new software. You are only using the approved software that was sent OTA (over the air), correct? If second factory reset does not resolve this issue, the device will need to be replaced. 

0 Likes