Good phone to get?
Zweilophone

So I originally got the LG Revolution. I liked the phone itself, I just hated all of the problems that came with it, especially the problem where some text messages are never received. Right now, I'm looking for a replacement phone, and I have been looking at this one and the Droid X. I'm just here to ask, would you recommend this phone to anyone? The Revolution was my first smartphone, and I was deeply disappointed with it....

0 Likes
Re: Good phone to get?
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just my opinion but if you can wait a little but longer I would wait to take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S III. I wouldn't form my opinions of Android based on the the Revolution. That was LG's first 4G smartphone and with a lot of firsts there are issues. I remember the first iPhone what a joke. But ultimately get what's best for you now any phone because of what everyone else says....good luck in your search.

Just get the S3 if you like it, but don't wait too long or Apple will get their way in court again and you won't be able to get it!

0 Likes
latebrake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pre-ordered the S3 before the deadline so that I could save my unlimited line (at least for a while).  I wanted wait to see what the IPhone 5 had to offer but I really wanted to keep the unlimited plan for as long as I could.  I could not live with the 4s screen size and the latest rumors were that the 5 would only be a 4 inch screen.

I decided to take the chance on the S3.  I previously owned a Fascinate, which was ok until the updated the OS. That upgrade was so bad that Verizon gave me a Charge in exchange.  The Charge was ok but the battery life was terrible.

I just got my S3 on the 11th and so far, I love it.  The phone and the OS are so much improved over the Charge. Even though the battery is the same (mah), their power management is much improved.  I still can easily eat up a battery in a day but on the Charge, it only took a few hours. The screen is beautiful. I could not be more pleased.

My only complaint is the phone is slippery and a bit too light for my taste.  I have yet to add a cover but plan to today and that should resolve that issue.  My vote is to buy the S3.

oericsylla
Enthusiast - Level 2

i would definitely agree on the S3. even if the iPhone comes with a 4 in screen, they are still behind trying to play catch up. I had a 4 in screen on my old phone (g2x) and the 4.8 in is a big difference to me. The phone (S3) seems perfect to me. Perfect screen size to fit in the hand, nice a beautiful design, super fast, no lag that I have seen yet, amazing camera, and of course it is made by samsung, great quality and build. have yet to experience any issues with mine.

0 Likes