Gmail stop syncing after 2.2 update.
md2002

After the 2.2 froyo update I don't get my gmail messages anymore. Anyone have any idea. I played with all the setting for 2 days now and I can't seem to receive emails anymore.

The only other thing I did different was go into the labels folder.

Anyways, it's no longer getting gmail emails.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Gmail stop syncing after 2.2 update.
davidsdroidx
I have this problem myself, and have issue with social network app taking forever to refresh (it's 8:30 yet it shows last someone posted at 5:00, but if i go on computer or browser theres new post, and never do i receive facebook notifications. Contacted Verizon now is sending me a replacement, but if its the software a new phone wont matter i guess.
0 Likes
md2002

Replacement? Really? Sounds like killing the patient to cure the cancer. There has to be an easier way

0 Likes
dobiew2

same with me. They never offered a replacement just the factory reset suggestion ( what a pain)  i did it and yes i can get the gmail now but slower than before. I find gmail has been really messed up with this update. 

so what i did was factory reset.... then i think one battery pull after the reset and it basically has worked since then

0 Likes
davidsdroidx
Yea i wasn't to pleased and now going from a new phone to a refurb, but also heard they are shipping w/ 2.2 already so maybe the bugs have been fixed on those, or its just new phones being shipped w/ froyo. I tried hard resets and still a no go and wasn't having issues before the update, but also not having problems others are having with music or text messages or messages being out of order. Will let you know when new phone is up and running if i see any changes.
0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try un-check sync mode, go to menu; settings; account; G-mail and un-sync and then re-sync G-mail account. Can also see if a 3rd party application maybe causing issue can check by putting phone in safe mode. 

To start Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key.
  2. Touch Power Off.
  3. Touch OK.
  4. Press and hold the menu key, then press the power key to power on device
  5. Continue holding the Menu key until Safe mode appears in the left corner of the screen.
  6. This may take up to 30 seconds.
  7. Safe Mode will appear in the bottom *left* corner  

Disabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Touch Power Off. 

If G-mail will since in safe mode then there is not a 3rd party application causing issue. If still will not sync will need to do a Master Reset on device.

0 Likes
cwgrlsteph

I noticed a problem today with my gmail not recieving data... What i did is went into my setings then the manage applications... Running applications and force stopped gmail. once i did that i went back into my gmail and it was fine. Try that... I have seen alot of people saying there is alot of problems due to the 2.2 update but really havent experienced any...

0 Likes