Gmail setup and change question??
Devin1911

I bought a dinc and liked it a lot. I purchased an app from Xtralogic called Remote Desktop which is a great app! My problem is that the dinc had problems and I(within the 30 days) went with a Droid X. I love the X and wanted to use my Remote Desktop app on it. When the salesperson was helping move everything from the dinc to the X he could not move this app. I got an answer from the Xtralofic people and they said I could use the same email from the dinc and see it in the app store. This is where my problem starts. I could not remember the password for the gmail account and setup another one. Now I have tried to add the original email in hopes I would be able to see the RD app and install it but no joy. When I try to remove the DX gmail it tells me it will reset the phone to factory settings. I can't do that as I have 200+  contacts, pictures and phone numbers and such I dont want to lose. How can I change the default email to the dinc gmail without losing everything?????

0 Likes
Re: Gmail setup and change question??
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

Devin1911 wrote:

I bought a dinc and liked it a lot. I purchased an app from Xtralogic called Remote Desktop which is a great app! My problem is that the dinc had problems and I(within the 30 days) went with a Droid X. I love the X and wanted to use my Remote Desktop app on it. When the salesperson was helping move everything from the dinc to the X he could not move this app. I got an answer from the Xtralofic people and they said I could use the same email from the dinc and see it in the app store. This is where my problem starts. I could not remember the password for the gmail account and setup another one. Now I have tried to add the original email in hopes I would be able to see the RD app and install it but no joy. When I try to remove the DX gmail it tells me it will reset the phone to factory settings. I can't do that as I have 200+  contacts, pictures and phone numbers and such I dont want to lose. How can I change the default email to the dinc gmail without losing everything?????

Do  you have your contacts synced on your Dinc with your primary gmail email address?  If so, you won't lose them because once you recover your password, you can sync it to your Droid X.  You shouldn't lose your pics if saved to your SD card when you return to the factory settings. I did not when I did it to my Droid X shortly after getting it.

0 Likes
Re: Gmail setup and change question??
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

All you have to do to use your original email account is reset the password that you created for the account and it should follow your profile. Be sure when setting your device to factory settings you remove your memory card, if installed at the time. I would suggest resetting the password first. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes