Gmail Account
kleahy12

Greetings,

I deleted the gmail account that my Motorola Droid was set up with at the Verizon kiosk.  It was a bogus, available one that the salesman created.  Why delete? I already had an account, and loaded it in my settings as an account, and thought the second one was useless.

My apps are no longer working correctly - they must have been tied to the original g-address.

Before I embark on 'advanced setup' and possibly screw things up more, is there any gouge you can offer? 

If there are former threads that relate to this, just point me. 

THanks in advance.

Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Gmail Account
KarateMom

you could try putting that email back in your phone.  You can sync to more than one email account.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

In order to set the droid up correctly. You will need to perform a Factory Reset. This will completely remove the attachment to the bogus gmail the store agent setup. Once the reset is done, it will ask you for your gmail information. You can enter the one that you already had and it will be the primary gmail account.

You will also have to export any possible contacts that were synced with bogus gmail account and import them to your account. You will have to download you applications again.

0 Likes
tylily80

If the factory reset is performed, how would I backup all my contacts. I was told the backup assistant is not available for the motorola droid. Would it also erase the micro sd card?

Ty B.

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

To backup your contacts, just sync them with your gmail. Go to contacts----settings----edit sync groups. Uncheck the "all contacts" and then recheck it. That will force a sync with your gmail account.

0 Likes