Global Data Plan not working in the Netherlands
klompen

I called customer service a week before my trip and arranged for the $30 "Global Data" plan to begin April 1. I have been unable to get a data connection here in the Netherlands and e-mails to customer service have gone unanswered. I cannot see anything on my account to indicate whether this has ever been activated.

By poking around the settings and setting the data networks to GSM I've been able to see Vodophone, T-Mobile, and KPN listed, but if I try to connect to any of them I get an error that indicates I cannot connect to them.

Can anyone provide some advice on how to get this working? I was really relying on this to help with getting info on places to visit and it's proving a pretty difficult trip when having to rely on free wifi spots to make up for this.

0 Likes
Re: Global Data Plan not working in the Netherlands
roninacolyte

I'm experiencing the same problem with my HTC Thunderbolt in HK

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

roninacolyte wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem with my HTC Thunderbolt in HK

I'm not entirely sure if the HTC Thunderbolt was global ready in the first place to use the global data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roninacolyte,

Greetings from the states! To be honest, the Thunderbolt will not work in Hong Kong. You can check out our trip planner for future reference at http://vz.to/n9PFe9

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes