Re: Gingerbread Update Broke HTC Weather/Clock Widget
GuidoTKP

Having the same problem: Gingerbread update wiped out the clock app so that tapping on the clock widget no longer does anything. Pretty annoying. While waiting for the fix, here is the collection of apps I'm now using:

Beautiful Widgets: Has a very nice combo clock/weather app (clearly inspired by Sense, although community skinning has added oceans of variety). In addition to be a nice clock app, you can assign apps to launch when you touch different parts of the widget.

Alarm Clock Plus: Does everything you want your alarm app to do. Does more than the HTC alarm clock, although the HTC clock never failed to meet my needs.

StopWatch & Timer: To fill in for the count-down and count-up functions of the HTC app.

Basically I have all of the functionality back that I lost after the Gingerbread update and can launch all of these apps through the widget. So if you are really missing the functionality, just letting people know that you can download apps and widgets that get the job done (not that anyone should have to download third-party apps to obtain functionality that is supposed to be built into the phone).

0 Likes
kka87
I had the same problem. I downloaded the Alarm Clock Xtreme Free and all of the sudden my Clock widget started working. I have absolutely no idea why but its back.
0 Likes
bsu2006

I am also having this problem since 2.3.3.

I do NOT want to do a hard reset as I am away on business and would lose my music.

Please contact me if a solution is found.

HTC.... VERIZON.... FIX THE DANG ALARM WIDGET ISSUE NOW!!! THIS SHOULD BE A TOP PRIORITY!!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hard reset does not, or should not, delete anything on the sd card (e your music)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bikeflip, thanks for adding your issue to this forum. Our product team is aware of this issue and we are working with HTC on a resolution. Once it is available, an update will be pushed to the phone. 

0 Likes
kilativ

It is more than a month since the issue was reported. This is like 5 years in dog ( i mean cell phone) years.

if i can't trust my android to wake me up in the morning then it's just a toy. If this happened to iphone it would be in the newpapers for a month. I guess iphones are held to higher standards and for a good reason.

0 Likes
blueser

I have had the Incredible 2 since July 20, 2011, the last day before the tiered data pricing became effective.  I downloaded the upgrade to Gingerbread as soon as it was available. The HTC Clock Widget then failed to tap function to the World Time, Alarm, & Timer Screen.  After calling Verizon Tech who was unknowledgable of the problem.  I did a hard reset and it worked successfully,  until last night, so the fix lasted about a month.  I again called Verizon and again they did not know of the problem and this time I also took the phone into my local Verizon Wireless Store.  They were no help.   This time I downloaded Alarm Clock Plus to have a functioning Alarm Clock. I've scene references to this problem on the HTC site:  http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/f/124/p/12556/54341.aspx  I prefer the simplicity of the HTC Clock Widget all-in-one Clock, Alarm, World Clock, Timer, Multiple Weather Forecasts and nighttime Deskclock.  I'm waiting for an update 

0 Likes
GoldinEagle

I had this same issue right after I upgraded my Incredible II to Gingerbread. The clock widget was working just fine at first, but then a few days later, no alarm and no clock. Searched for a resolution and came to this thread before and realized there was little hope without a factory reset, which I was unwilling to do.

Today, however, I downloaded LauncherPro (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fede.launcher) because I was wanting to test it out. When I looked at the apps in the menu while using LauncherPro, I noticed that the Clock app was suddenly showing up. I decided to uninstall LauncherPro (just to see) and found that the clock widget on the HTC home screen suddenly worked again. I don't know if it will last, or if you would want to rely on it, but it might be a useful way for some of you to get the clock widget working again without having to do a factory reset and risk losing information while we are still waiting for an official resolution from HTC/Verizon.

0 Likes
Midnight_Blue

Just installed the 2.3.4 update and the CLOCK APP IS STILL BROKEN!

This is a disgrace! It's been about 3 months since GB was released and the clock app issue has surfaced. This is the second software update that has been released since the problem was reported and it is still not addressed.

VERIZON - Are you going to address this bug or not? IF no, just say so so I can return my phone.

0 Likes
incrediable2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Me too, alarm still not work after 2.3.4 updated.
0 Likes