Gingerbread Update-2 Failed + Hello, FOTA 1.0? Verizon/HTC Whats Going on?
bdoshi

So I did get OTA update 2 for my DINC but it failed with error message not enough memory. Even though I have around 600MB left on my phone memory.

I also noticed: Hello, FOTA Version 1,00 which got installed.. Did update install it? What it does? Its running in background..

Any updated on getting another update from HTC/Verizon?

HTC and Verizon have really screwed up a nice device...

- Low Memory Error - Never fixed that even after Gingerbread

- After GB update Apps on SD card went missing

I am so frustrated with low memory that I get every day and I have to fool system by clearing some memory of an app...

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update-2 Failed + Hello, FOTA 1.0? Verizon/HTC Whats Going on?
Not applicable

Bdoshi,

For the issue with applications missing from the SD card, try removing then re-inserting the SD card. This has helped many people. The low memory issue has been resolved in the updated Gingerbread software, but to download that update, you will need to clear some memory. The phone has a separate allocation of application memory available which is used to run applications and task and install the update. Try clearing cache from applications, move as many applications as possible to your SD card. Delete emails from the trash folder. Try these steps also to wipe the cache partition. This will not delete data.

Boot into recovery

• Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  1. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
  2. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
  3. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  4. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
  5. Select "Reboot system now"

If after all these steps, the update is still failing for the same reason, a factory reset will be needed to complete the update. 

0 Likes