Re: Gingerbread Changes / Issues
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, about  the battery percentage you can add sense analog clock widget to home page and set it to show battery percentage and battery temp.available memory and memory used. goood app

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Runestyr wrote:

Interesting article. I didn't understand the science behind Li-ion before, and it explains why a "dumb" charger would fail to keep up with a device that was being all it could be.  If I find a charger that is adaptive, I will share.  Do I expect too much from a phone that is basically a small computer with an appropriately high price?

June?  I thought that Droid 2.3.3 was released in February.  Whatever...I suppose we have already spent more time on that than it's worth.

P.S. I figured out why my posts were reduced into one paragraph...browser security settings again. 

Nope, GB was JUST released for everyone June 1st, I believe.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

gej1 wrote:

Hey, about  the battery percentage you can add sense analog clock widget to home page and set it to show battery percentage and battery temp.available memory and memory used. goood app

Thank you! I've been looking for an app that will show the date and time like this!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DbG2514 wrote:

this may just be me, but the only thing that I can find that I do not like about the update is the texting, It seems that my texting lags a little and can't keep up. Before the update it would keep up with me, now I seem to make mistakes all the time because it falls behind. Any suggestions?

Also, I am one of the unlucky ones who got worse battery life, my phone would last me all day before, not it doesn't even last until I get off of work :smileysad:

Disable the Vibration for keyboard, for some reason it causes a delay....  Go to Settings / Launguage and Keyboard / Multi-Touch Keyboard / Disable Vibrate on Key Press

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bharath23,

I am happy to hear that you are overall pleased with the Gingerbread update.  We are aware of the issue with the LED notifications and are working on a resolution.  Unfortunately, at this time the release date of the resolution has yet to be communicated.

Your patience is greatly appreciated,

0 Likes
michaelahess

When I delete an email, a banner comes up at the bottom saying 1 message deleted but then instead of staying at the top of my list, it scrolls down a few messages, there is a delay as well so if I tap another new message at the top right after deleting one, I end up on the wrong message. Can I disable that notification?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Are you using the default APP?  I use YAHOO, and yes, that's the way it works (now - new "feature" in GB).  When you delete an email, it "refreshes" your list as you're seeing it.  No way to turn that off in YAHOO that I've found (the deleted message).

What you CAN do is look into other email APPs that don't do that.   e.g., K9 is highly recommended by some.

0 Likes
michaelahess

Yes default app. I can't use K9 due to my exchange servers. I can live with it, just kind of annoying. Thanks for the info though!

0 Likes