Re: Getting unwanted messages (VZWNMN:5) from Verizon and Verizon is not able to stop them.
kjsindfw

I also have a Stratosphere and started having this problem as of about 3am this morning.  I took my phone to the Verizon store this morning and showed them the text messages, and they were not yet aware of the problem.  They called tech support and were told "We're aware of the issue, and we're working on it."  I called tech support myself again this evening at 10pm and was told the same thing - "We're working on it."  Hopefully, they'll figure it out and get it fixed soon.  In the meantime, I'll keep deleting the annoying texts.

0 Likes
Re: Getting unwanted messages (VZWNMN:5) from Verizon and Verizon is not able to stop them.
LMGM613

Exact same thing with me - these 6250 messages on my Stratosphere started at 6 am yesterday.  No clue why and I too have not made any changes nor downloaded anything. I am at a loss.

0 Likes
pamster18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Stratosphere and I started getting the same annoying texts early yesterday morning and they continued throughout the entire day.  I didn't have any luck with VZW customer service so I just googled it and found the solution.  At first I was skeptical that it would work since I hadn't donwloading anything new to my device, however, after following the steps below I have not received anymore of those annoying and pointless text messages.... hope this helps Smiley Happy

1.  Login to your Verizon account.
2.  Click on “Account” at the top and then “Change Features” from the bottom right.
3.  Select the device you would like to remove the service from.
4.  Then scroll down until you find “Contact Management” and click “Remove.”

backup-assistant-plus-650x143.jpg

0 Likes
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you be more detailed in how to stop these unwanted msgs from Verizon for the less informed.

What do you mean by login to you Verizon account.  Where? on the computer or the phone?

where do you find Account? I don't see it anywhere on the phone or in the computer

however from My Verizon on the phone i see "change features" on the bottom left but it does not contain anything

about Contact Management.

0 Likes
ambs929

THEY STOPPED!!!  I have not gotten any text messages since last night.  Hopefully it's been fixed.

0 Likes
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received 3 this morning around 10:00AM.

ambs929, did you execute the suggested stop action or did the txt just stop.

I'm reluctant to invoke the suggestion action as Verizon may implement something later on that utilizes the contact management and i won't get the information.

0 Likes
ambs929

They just stopped.  I didn't do anything.  Maybe it's being fixed by area?  No idea why or how it stopped, just very thankful it did (and that it stays that way!).  I live in the chicago area.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is a network wide issue and doesn't have anything to do with the Stratosphere...  I have a Droid X and Thunderbolt and both has received these text...  After Blacklisting the number in Handcent I haven't had anymore of these text message.

0 Likes
shellee

According to Customer Service, Verizon is "working on the towers" and the texts should stop by tomorrow.  I don't know if I believe that answer; we'll have to see.  Getting texts all through the night is just unacceptable...and they certainly aren't "working on the towers" at 3:30 a.m.  Luckily I have unlimited texting, but am still unhappy about the situation. 

0 Likes
sitnscoop

I followed instructions to remove "Contact Manager" from my phone. The texts slowed down. But as it did last time, this stopped my email from being pushed to my phone. It also stopped contact 7 calendar synch. So I had to empty my cache and data and reenter all of my email accounts. I just logged on to the Verizon website and checked - Contact Manager is BACK. So there's a connection, but not one we can easily utilize.

The tweets have stopped. I wonder if it has something to do with a full cache regardless of phone model?

I hope Verizon publishes the answer. 

Sue

0 Likes