Getting unwanted messages (VZWNMN:5) from Verizon and Verizon is not able to stop them.
Droid143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting messages from 6250 number and the content is VZWNMN:5 (OR) VZWNMN:11 (OR) VZWNMN:37. In a day I get around 25 messages.I have reported the issue on Jan 21st, 2012 and talked to atleast 7 customer reps, 5 tech support, 3 engineers & 4 managers. Spent atleast 10 - 12 hours on the phone with Verizon and still the case is still open.

Since Customer support is not able to resolve the issue, they opened a ticket with Engineering team ten days back. So called after few days to check the status and the ticket was closed with status as "Resolved". But it was not so they reopened the ticket again and it's been 6 days now. The person who opened the ticket said will follow up with me on last Saturday. But no answer from him so emailed him on Monday and the response received was that he will call on Tuesday. Till now no answer. I am totally frustated with service and no where to go. Don't know whom to contact.

Really appreciate if someone can suggest how to handle this situation.

Thanks,

V

Re: Getting unwanted messages (VZWNMN:5) from Verizon and Verizon is not able to stop them.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you recently switch from a feature phone to the Droid Charge?

Those messages look similar to the OZ messages. The function of the messages is to inform you of new emails on a feature phone.

Please reply back with more information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Getting unwanted messages (VZWNMN:5) from Verizon and Verizon is not able to stop them.
Droid143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this phone for last 9 months. VZW have put a stop on premium messages and also some settings on Backup Assistant. Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

not sure, but i sounds like you have setting to deliver you a text message each time you get an e-mail or some other type of notification.

have you (or are you willing to) tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
Droid143
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also tried the reset with VZW customer support. Thanks.

0 Likes
SLCASH
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem is ubiquitous

I have received 10 of them since last night.

FIX THIS PROBLEM! I am not paying for random texts 6250 saying VZWNMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sitnscoop

I am experiencing this same issue. Just started (for the second time) last night and I've received 25 messages in 14 hours. The last time, I was told to turn off a feature on my Verizon settings and my phone ended up freezing. I had to do a factory reset and it was a nightmare. 

I can't begin to imagine why this would start out of nowhere yesterday. I made no changes or anything.  It is driving me batty.

0 Likes
PD84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting these messages since last night as well. I used to have a droid 2 and changed my phone in November 2011. Do I lose all my data on the phone if I do a factory reset? If so, I am not willing to go through that. Did anyone take the phone to the Verizon store?

0 Likes
sitnscoop

A factory reset takes you back to the way the phone arrived ... all your personal data and the apps you've added are lost. I am thinking about going to verizon store tomorrow b/c this is nuts.  I've had 14 more text messages.

0 Likes
GRITS72

Hello.. I'm not sure how much help I will be since I don't have a Droid, BUT.. I experienced this very same issue a while back. And had the same run around with VZW customer support.. FINALLY.. i answered back to one of the text messages, it was another lady trying to reach her relative with the same first name as mine. After speaking with her for a while, I came to a conclusion these messages all started after I signed up for a option under the MY VERIZON (my account). The option was the place where you can send and receive text messages online from your MY VERIZON profile. Some how my name and number were being published into some sort of data base thing.. I had also received a premium text message that cost me $10 (im on prepaid, but had extra money in my account for ringtones & ringback tones, ect). After numerous calls to customer service about the continued text messages, they put a block on my account for receiving text messages, also there is a place in the MY VERIZON profile where the text messaging is done at to block up to, i think, 15 numbers. Well I filled every slot up with the numbers that were texting me, then started receiving probably another 50 more texts a day. It was sooo annoying!!! Then after customer service tried everything they could think of to stop the texts from continuing, I ended up having to change my phone number, something I did NOT want to do.. but it stopped the problem and it has not happened again... BUT i didn't sign up for that online text messaging option on MY VERIZON account this time.

I hope this helps, but if not, i'm sorry... just wanted to give you my story and the resolution. Good luck!!!

0 Likes