Getting contacts from old phone with out backup assistant
Rachybabu

Ok, sorry if there is info on this in another thread but I havn't been able to find anything. I just got my new HTC Incredible 2 and I'd like to get my contacts off my old samsung phone. Here's the problem, I never used the backup assistant feature on my old phone...is there a way to still transfer those old contacts? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting contacts from old phone with out backup assistant
incrediable2
Enthusiast - Level 3
One more way is using blue tooth to sync both phones, this is the most easy way to transfer contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

It might help if you give more info on Samsung, what device is it because this would make diffrence of working methods.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It might also be possible to temporarily reactivate your old phone, install Backup Assistant, run it to get the contacts onto VZW's website and then reactivate the Droid Incredible.

Once the contacts are on the VZW website, export the contact to csv or vcf file and then import them into your Google account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If Anns solution isnt a option for you, another option if the phone has a supported gmail app, you can install it and connect to wifi and be able to sync contacts with Google and after syncing you should be able to log into gMail on Inc2 and sybc data to device.

0 Likes
incrediable2
Enthusiast - Level 3
One more way is using blue tooth to sync both phones, this is the most easy way to transfer contacts.
0 Likes
i3utterfly03

How do you sync contacts w/ Google??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello i3utterfly03,
I can help you with syncing your contacts with your Gmail account!  Please navigate to Settings>Accounts & Sync>Tap your Google Account>Check or Uncheck/Check box for contacts.  You can then sign into your Google email account and check the contacts to ensure they are syncing.  Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.  Thank you! 

TominqueB_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes