Re: GPS not working on GB 2.3.6!

so does anyone know what perhaps the best combo is?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Standalone GPS and Google Services seems to lock on pretty quick

0 Likes

JerryF

UMFootball1985,

You have it, Standalone GPS and Google Services.  When you turn on the GPS in the notification bar you get Standalone GPS so that's a given.  Then Google services seem to be needed too.  Maybe because the MAPS and Navigation I use are google's.

But I am getting 6-21 seconds to lock on inside the house.  That's faster than my Garmin Nuvi 5000 GPS.

JerryF

0 Likes

JerryF

hifialan,

I hate it when folks say I have that APP because it leaves me wondering what else can I say and quickly ends any chance of further diagnosis.  One more try...

Did you reboot your phone before trying?

Did you run the A-GPS tune up? 

Did you try your GPS with all three GPS's turned on:  Standalone, Google, and Verizon?

Did you try it outside with a clear sky or inside?

Do you you Juice Defender Battery saver, if so turn if off and try again.  Is your battery >50% charged?

Are any other GPS related APPs running.

Try the GPS with Bluetooth, Mobile Data and WiFi turned OFF. 

JerryF 

0 Likes

It takes 4-6sec to get a GPS lock of me in my house and its almost my exact location in my house...kinda freaky

0 Likes

bluestar
Novice

JerryF, what is A-GPS tune-up?  Mine hasn't locked in at all since the update.

0 Likes

JerryF

Bluestar,

Go here and read this post.  It explains it all and saves me a lot of slow typing my friend.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/GPS-amp-Gingerbread-2-3-6/td-p/741706

JerryF

0 Likes

hifialan

JerryF, i will try all you suggest and report back. i can say that nothing changed on my phone other than the update, and immediately i noticed a problem. also, i am utilizing gps no differently than i did before. i also otherwise love the phone.

0 Likes

bluestar
Novice

Thanks, JerryF. I had installed the app awhile ago but never utilized the "Manage A-GPS state" function. Once I did, cleared the GPS cache, etc., I have surprisingly locked in. Though it took about 7 minutes, still feels like great progress.

0 Likes

z2z
0 Likes