Re: GPS and 4G LTE Issues with JB Update
jamesja
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue with the lost of a 4G LTE connection, at best a 3G connection most of the times...tried all the fixes except the factory reset. Is there a resolution to this problem? I opened a ticket with tech support, which is waiting for me to factory reset, but do not want to lose my info.

0 Likes
rustyoldjeep

since jb my bionic has had NO 4g and battery life is less than a day.  ive been on the phone with Verizon tech multiple times and with no success.  ive changed the sim card 2 times and factory reset 2 times.  when 3g finally comes in its ok but not great.  it took alont time for the ics and jb updates to my phone(3weeks ago) and every since its been awful.  all Verizon tech wants is for me to upgrade to a new phone and loose my unlimited data.  I like my phone and they say its old and is the cause.  they will not admit its the update that screwed it up which was fine before it did jb.  im not happy with there sorry customer service and DO NOT WANT ANOTHER PHONE RIGHT NOW AND WILL NOT LOOSE THE UNLIMITED DATA BECAUSE THERE FRIGGIN UPDATE.  any ideas on what to do?  im gonna call then AGAIN TOMORROW.= (removed) OFF

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rustyoldjeep,

I understand your discontent with your phone performance after the latest software update. Be assured that phone manufacturers develop updates to improve phones' performance and not to affect it. Since you have already done factory resets and issues continue, I would recommend exploring replacement options. If your phone is within 1 year manufacturers' warranty we can certainly replace http://vz.to/uyYF0o at no cost to you. If your phone is no longer within manufacturers' warranty I recommend contacting the manufacturer (Motorola 800-734-5870) for further assistance. You can also contact them online at
www.motorola.com/android

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
rustyoldjeep

Well I typed out a long reply but lost it due to my phone dropping 4g to no bars. So I'll try this again. I should not have to upgrade and go under another contract due to an update that was sent to my phone VIA Verizon that has since caused my phone to not work like it did the few minutes before the update was performed. Its not my place I feel to have to fix something that was not broken until I did YOUR update. I have did everything to try to fix this phone to no success and just with Verizon saying that I need to upgrade that this phone is old and can't handle the network. I call BS. Other than bad battery life my wife's phone works fine. I paid the extra money to not have a two year contract and not now all I hear from you is upgrade. Warranty should not be an issue because your software screwed it up. Not the phone just up and quite. It have good 4g before it shutdown to install and then was NADA. My battery life is horrible and before was 1.5 to 2 days on a charge now maybe 8hrs. It seems that Verizon doesn't care about anyone having trouble with these phone and its more than just a few months phones its a lot. I have unlimited data and that's what Verizon is trying to get me out of this Im for sure. The service is very bad that I'm getting from Verizon and will never recommend Verizon to anyone and will tell everyone has of this experience.

0 Likes
rustyoldjeep

I have contacted Motorola. Verizon blames motorola , Motorola blames Google and Verizon. I've not talked to Google but I'd say they would blame Motorola and Verizon. I blame all three but the end supplier being Verizon should take care of the end user being me but will not do anything but talk about upgrades and warranty and how sorry there q-cards are for my troubles with my phone. The service is so bad it makes sprint look like an alter boy. I am a store owner and would never treat a customer like this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration your experiencing with your phone issues rustyoldjeep. Since we have provided major trouble- shooting steps, the next best option is to replace the phone. Is your phone still under the 1year manufactures warranty? Do you have insurance on your line? We also have this replacement option if your not eligible to upgrade http://vz.to/16vfYHl . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes