GPS and 4G LTE Issues with JB Update
jeromem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Bionic.

After receiving the Jellybean update yesterday, my GPS and 4G LTE no longer work. I also seem to have diminished wifi connectivity.

I have even done a factory/hard reset. I had to do this with the previous update and after that everything worked fine.

Any suggestions?

Re: GPS and 4G LTE Issues with JB Update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try powering off the phone, removing the battery and SIM card, waiting a couple of minutes, then reassembling the phone and power it back on.

0 Likes
knr3

Hi

Am also facing a similar issue. I don't have a specific problem with GPS but my mobile data is not working properly.

Since after the JB update if i travel outside of my current city(Minneapolis) i lose mobile data signal.

After talking with verizon support for several hours and searching online found that the issue is because am not able to reset the 'Preferred network mode'.

(During this process i tried pretty much everything possible, even did a complete factory reset)

I believe its currently set to LTE because of this whenever i travel to a city which does not have LTE my mobile data does not toggle to available 4G or 3G.

When i go in to System Settings -> more ->mobile networks, the 'Network Mode' is greyed out and is not editable. The preferred network mode is set to LTE/CDMA

Earlier when i had ICS i didn't have any issue so never really checked if i could toggle between network modes.

But when i had gingerbread i was able to switch between CDMA only and LTE.

I tried using couple of apps available in play store but non worked; guess those are all specific to ICS or specific phone models(Thunderbolt for example)

Can Verizon or Motorola provide a patch for this issue or may be an app?

Please advise!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey knr3,

I am sorry for the data issue that you have been having with the Droid Bionic after the software update.  It sounds like you travel outside of Minneapolis quite a bit, and I want to make sure that you are able to use your data wherever you go.

Thanks for doing the factory reset. If there was a software bug, a factory reset would have fixed it.  Have we discussed replacement options with you? How long have you had the device? Do you have insurance?

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
mrweb

I've been having the same issue.  I'm in New York where there's plenty of 4G service, but since Jellybean, I can't get 4G on my Bionic.  I've gotten a new SIM, did a factory reset, and tried using the LTE app from Google play.

Still no 4G, and my preferred network option is set to LTE/CDMA and grayed out.

This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Strauser18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to factory reset and the battery and sim card pull, still no 4G.. anyone have a solution yet? I am very disapointed... why did i spen the money on a 4G phone when all i have is 3G???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mrweb,

I apologize for you not getting 4G service! You mentioned you were located in New York. However, can you provide the zip code of where are located? Here's a link you can use to confirm 4G coverage is available http://bit.ly/xVecuo. Are you mainly on the indoors when you have this service issue? Please share some further details to be assisted.

Edwin_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrweb

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I live in 11691, and I work in 10036.  I'm outside much of the time, and travel on the LIRR, sitting right next to my son who has a Galaxy WITH 4G coverage.

I know that I had 4G until I upgraded to JB.  If there is any more information you need, please let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is our pleasure to assist mrweb! We appreciate the information your provided as it is very helpful. I was able to confirm that there are no known issues in this area. Has a hard reset been done after the software update? It is recomended to complete a reset after an update. Please be sure that your contacts are backed up and pics should be on SD card. Go to http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46649 to learn how to reset device.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrweb

Yes,

I did a hard reset, and when that didn't work, I did a clear cache.  I also pulled out the sim card for about 15 minutes.  Nothing is helping.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes