Re: GPS Not Working
B33
Legend

Wildman could that be possibly be a magnetic interfearence kind thing that could be causing this issue just a thought.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DincX110 wrote:

Wildman could that be possibly be a magnetic kind thing that could be causing this issue just a thought.

Its possible but most new technology are isolated to avoid interference from thing like that but anything is possible but I do not think so in this case.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the reason i asked is because when i would pute Birtha in her Holster u know the one that Verizon maid an has a leather feel. she to me kind of acted weired when i would use my Blue tooth an when i'd take her out of it. she'd be fine an in those leather holsters they have a magnet thats built in the Flap. just like the Magnet thats in the Docking station i've got her in Now . so thats why when he said what his was doing i thought maybe there might be a magnetic field close enough that its messing with  the  internals on his X .

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I see where you are going with that but the only issue with that is that the issue is reversed for OP, they reported it works better in case than out, if magnet interfered with the GPS, it would be when its in the case not out.  But it is something to consider.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea these little guys sometimes do things the other way we would like them to do. an then its head scratching or finger nail biting time. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee
Thanks to the community for all your reponses. @jharrison98 You should not have to take the back cover off to use any accessories or use GPS. I've consulted Motorola and this is not a known issue. They believe it may your specific device. Please contact us to replace the device 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support. You can also PM me and I'll go over the replacement with you. Thank you, Joe L
0 Likes
BDiggz

I had an issue where my X was searching for hours......... come to figure out it was my EZPass(above the car dock) was interfering with it.

BDiggz

0 Likes
tk15

I am having the same issue.  Started 2 days ago, thought it was due to heavy cloud cover in area.  Today is sunny - still no GPS.

It seems not to be an isolated incident.

0 Likes
4x4van
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe it is an Gingerbread issue.  Since GB, my GPS has been acting up as well, but only sporadically.  When it happens, my phone can see maybe one satelite at most, and even if it gets 4-5, it still won't get a location "fix" (3-4 are all that is necessary for a GPS "fix).  Nothing helps other than shutting my phone off and re-starting it.  Usually (but not always), that solves the issue and I have GPS reception (7-9 satelites) again and a quick location fix.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When you guys are looking at the app that shows the Sats are you in-doors when you view them if you are you need to eather by a window or go out side as it'll work alott better out side as i have done this in the past.

0 Likes