Full-length movies on Incredible?
CelticWarrior

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Droid Incredible supports the viewing of full-length movies? I know some similar Android devices do, such as the Verizon's Motorola Droid X and the HTC HD2 and Samsung Galaxy for T-Mobile. (The HD2 comes with the Blockbuster app, and even includes both full-length Transformers movies pre-installed. But those are certainly not reasons for me to switch to that God-awful company, lol.) From what I can tell, the Blockbuster app is not available for purchase/download in the Android Market.

Anyone have any idea, and if so where could I go to download such movies? I'm not asking for free ones (though that would be nice, lol); I'm more than willing to pay for them. Just don't know exactly where to start. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Full-length movies on Incredible?
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can definitely load movies onto your sd card and watch them. but as far as streaming movies goes...there's no apps for that, that i'm aware of?

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

Cool, thanks for the info. :smileyhappy:  But how do I go about getting the movies?

0 Likes
punior10

I was able to transfer 3 full-length movies onto my Incredible using a dvd ripper, now that it's considered legal to rip your own dvd's for your own use. Just find a free dvd ripper and covert it to iphone format and it should work fine on the Incredible.

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

Sweet! Thanks so much!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just a heads up. it is time consuming. but yeah....some type of dvd ripper or file converter is the way to do it. just don't want you to be surprised at how long the process may take, depending on the software you use and more importantly, your hardware. i think a 20 minute episode of the simpsons took me nearly a half hour just to convert...lol (my pc is about 4 years old though).

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

Thanks again. One more question: once I have the DVD file ripped, where on my Incredible do I copy it to? As in, which folder once the device is plugged into my computer?

0 Likes
beasy30
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you do the DVD ripper?  Do you have to put the movie on your computer then somehow run it through a DVD ripper?  Are there instructions or step by step ways on how to do that?  I want to add some movies but I am so confused on how to add it and change the format using a DVD ripper..

I need all the help I can get.

0 Likes
punior10

CelticWarrior wrote:

Thanks again. One more question: once I have the DVD file ripped, where on my Incredible do I copy it to? As in, which folder once the device is plugged into my computer?

I made a folder on the SD card and named it "Movies." Your phone should be able to detect it from there.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Why waste any time ripping and converting DVDs and other files.

{edit for TOS violation}

You can download .mpeg2 files directly if you want, but for higher quality I prefer .avi files. There's a great Android app called RockPlayer that supports .avi files. It plays the video in full screen and works great on my Incredible. 

Isn't the interwebz awesome?

0 Likes