Froyo update issue
fusionti

I got the update at midnight and went to see what it was in details, then I tried to install the update, the phone came back with an error.  Now there is no update to install, does anyone know how to get the update for 2.2 to show back up?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Froyo update issue
FramCire

did you try settings>about phone>System updates?

or can we assume within 30 minutes it came back?

0 Likes
fusionti

I tried that too it just says it's up to date, I've tried turning the phone off then back on, taking the battery out and still nothing.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

under settings->about phone->software info.....does it still say version 2.1?

0 Likes
fusionti

yeah still shows 2.1 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and you are sure it faw the software update (not just an app update or something)? you are supposed to be sent a reminder. however...i've not seen that confirmed. i've seen a few others that did what framcire suggested and it was there to install? sorry...not much help.

0 Likes
fusionti

Yeah it was the 2.2 update not sure what happened to it, thanks for info.

0 Likes
wolfsburg

I had this exact same issue yesterday morning.

I was running my Google Earth app when the update notice popped up and just figured something went haywire with too many things going at the same time.

Immediately checked for updates the manual way like was suggested and it says my phone is up to date.  But, the version still says 2.1 though.

Stopped by a low level Verizon store that I happened to be close to yesterday and they said that it might update during the next cycle or next morning.  It's been about 26 hours and still no new notice.  Person I talked to was far from a tech person and they suggested I call Verizon tech support just to be safe.  Haven't yet but maybe after work today.

Happy to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'd just go get the manual download. it's easy and safe. i can verify that i know peeps that went that rout and it's the same file that is installed from the ota update. if you want to go that route there are threads on here with instructions.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes