Re: Froyo 3G Issue?
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi andersnj,

So have you experienced 3G issues with your 2.2 upgrade? Because you didn't say anything about it in your complaint. I opened this thread to discuss, find out some info about, and see if there is anything I can do to correct the 3G radio problem, which started on my DInc after upgrading to Froyo. If you have the same issue, let us know; but if you don't, maybe post instead on a separate thread related to your topic.

Thanks!

0 Likes
spidey81

I've had the same 3G connectivity issues as well.  What seemed to work for me was turning the radio(s) off then on again, i.e. putting it in airplane mode then off.  After doing this 3G signal and data worked again.  I know this is an issue that we shouldn't have and I believe that complaining to VZW and HTC may induce a future update, but this should help in the meantime.  I plan to send HTC a support e-mail telling them about the problem (and others...froyo just seems to be a bit flaky to me).

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a follow up for this question also: Users at android forums say the "mobile network" gets stuck on "turning on" the 3G radio upon start-up occasionally, since the 2.2 update. Has this problem occurred on any of your DIncs? It occurred on mine, and I wasn't able to use airplane mode to work around it. Like others, the radio issue seems to occur every other time the phone is rebooted.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I had no issue with the radio until tonight. Now for the life of me I can not get it to come back on. So I did the hard reset. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS! That cleared all my phones settings. Even after reactivation the settings were not what they should be.

SID was 2074 when I know it is 21

My MDN is now  a 4 digit number

My MIN is a 4 digit number

AAARRGGHH

But aint gonna lose sleep over it. I will find a pay phone and call tomorrow to get it back up and running.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my data connection completely drop out in spots where it never did before.  I was trying to re-download my apps after doing a factory reset with the 2.2 update already downloaded.  I was at my brother's house and my data kept stopping.  It was really irritating.  While the signal meter appears to show stronger signal with the 2.2 update, it doesn't appear all that stable.  It would drop away, then slowly come back, etc.  That happens the most when I go to unlock the phone and my homescreen appears.  The signal would show full (locked) then after unlock, it goes down and may or may not go back up to where it was.  What is up with that?  It appears to me that the Incredible has been a a damned blunder.  In short, its an Incredible device plagued by non-stop issues.  I'm on my 4th Incredible already and if this doesn't start shaping up soon, VZ will be hearing from me....again.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll describe my specific issue I was experiencing. After the 2.2 update, my 3G radio would get stuck in the process of "turning on" after a restart, every other time. It wouldn't happen every time, rather every other time. It's easy to solve the problem, at least for now. I just restart it once more, and since, I haven't restarted the phone at all. I'm curious, and I would like to test the glitch on my phone again, but I also don't want to deal with it not working.

Anyway, I told a VZW representative that I would take the phone in to a tech if the issue happens again at the next restart. But for now, I can live without turning the phone off and on. Thanks for the feedback guys; it helped me gauge whether the issue was simply my phone, or something that others are having problems with.

0 Likes
christicdc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this problem.  The only thing that seems to work is to turn Airplane mode on and off.  This really needs to be fixed.  I shouldn't have to do this every time I restart my phone.

0 Likes
peakcomp

Mine does the same thing.  I am beginning to think that my TIKL (touch to talk) app is not working sometimes because my 3g isn't active when people try to get ahold of me. 

This needs to be fixed, and soon...many people complaining of it..and I don't believe this should wait until a large software update...needs to be soon.

Ken

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@ksChaub r u in a area served by alltel that is in the fase of being updated to Verizon if U r try having a Hybred PRL sent out to Ur Phone or Check to see if  your SID needs to be updated Ive Done Both an that seemed to Help Verizon Hopefully will Have this Transition on the Tower Switch By the End of the Year of Course there Starting Work LTE Too.  There Was Also A Update That Has Came out it May  Have Fixed That  3G Bug  That Everone is having issues With .  It Was Pute out on 11/8/2010                           DIncX110.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Hybrid PRL's only works if you were an Alltel customer who switched to a Verizon plan and lost connectivity The PRL places Alltel towers as number one on the PRL list and Verizon towers 2nd

This is an issue with the phone as it happens all over the country, with Alltel and Verizon plan holders.

Now the SID I feel is an important point. But we rarely know when an area is combined. I called tech support on another issue and they asked what SID I had, it was still the old Alltel SID. And I learned you can use any Verizon SID you want as tech support has given me about 5 to choose from. 2 digit , to 5 digit ones.

0 Likes