Re: Froyo 2.2 Complaint
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
djtonic I love that sarcasm lol I could imagine people taking it for real and going to washington just because a cell phone LOL
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

reallyniceguy wrote:
djtonic I love that sarcasm lol I could imagine people taking it for real and going to washington just because a cell phone LOL

LOL  thaks niceguy.  I feel a bit bad for the original poster on this one though.....i dont think he was trying tstart up anything :smileyhappy:

oh yeah,  niceguy....you have been really busy up in here last night.  there's like a million replies from you!!  

Dj.

0 Likes
Kanichiro

Matt, a forum manager on the Motorola forum in a thread on uninstalling preloaded apps said "Seriously, we are following this with interest and keeping internal teams informed about this and other issues, opinions and attitudes of our forum members."

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/34336?start=195&tstart=0

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Kanichiro wrote:

Matt, a forum manager on the Motorola forum in a thread on uninstalling preloaded apps said "Seriously, we are following this with interest and keeping internal teams informed about this and other issues, opinions and attitudes of our forum members."

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/34336?start=195&tstart=0

the problem now is not really moto's issue.  Essentially they became OEM for Verizon with exclusive deals and probably have no say in preloaded apps.

but...positive news nonetheless

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

galaxie500fb wrote:
Not many pay full price for their phones. They're subsized by the cell carriers and in order for them to make some of that money back they install apps that they hope people will subscribe to in order to generate revenue. It allows people to buy a$ 600.00 phone for$ 200.00. They really don't take up much space and I have never even launched any of them. Like everyone else. I just scroll past them.
Gee, really?  I thought that is what the contracts were for....to recoup the cost.  Why am I not surprised to see the reason change.....yet again.  The only reason why the apps are on the phones and cannot take them off is because VZ got more greedy and signed contracts with the softwre makers and part of the deal was to not have the apps removed.....saying TOO BAD to customers.  It's **bleep**.

**Wow are you kidding me? the word s t u p i d is censored?  Talk about overzealous moderation.**

0 Likes