Freeze on incoming call
HGilchrist

My Droid x (2.1) started freezing on incoming calls about a month ago.  Phone would ring and then indicator light would stay solid blue and device wouldn't respond to anything.  I powered it off via the button and it took it a while but finally powered down.  Started happening on every inbound call, so I reloaded to factor defaults and haven't had the problem until today, when it started again.

Any idea what is going on?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Freeze on incoming call
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

after your factory reset, did you reinstall any programs?  ATK or another task killer by chance?

0 Likes
HGilchrist

Yes, I did install ATK.  After reading some of the threads, is that suspected as being a reason it freezes?

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help with the issue you are experiencing.

I have listed the native LED notifications below: ***Please note: There are several Marketplace applications available that will turn the notification LED various colors including and beyond the colors on this list depending on the function it is used for. You will need to refer to those marketplace applications for support of their notification light colors.

• Blinking Green:You will have a blinking green notification light wheneveryour screen is offand you have a notification(Email, Text, Voicemail, Missed call)in your notification bar that has not been cleared.
  • Blue:You can an incoming call.
  • Red:Your battery is low.
  • Solid Green:when the battery is low/dead, insert USB/Charging cable will turn on the green LED to show sign of life. The LED will turn off when the battery is charged enough to power up the phone

After the factory data reset, I would advised to remove all 3rdparty applications. ***Especially ones that would affect calls in any manor. I would also recommend a soft reset. A soft reset is completed by taking the battery out for a few seconds, and placing the battery back in.

***Removing the 3rdparty applications temporarily will give you an idea whether or not it is a 3rdparty application that is causing the problem, or it is the device itself.  You can also test this in the devices safe mode. Instruction article provided below:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=34184&p=null

0 Likes