Frackin' data transfer!
tigerj13

Ok, I am so ticked off right now.  I set up my droid, spent time linking pictures to every contact.  I broke my screen dropping it on the concrete.  Thank goodness I had insurance.  Got my new phone, took my old phone and my new phone to Verizon store and asked them to transfer the data from one phone to the other.  They didn't even take the old phone; they just activated it and had me log into my google account.  So..

I lost all the messages I had on my phone, I lost all the links to the pictures, I lost all my apps, I lost all apps' data. 

Tell me something... How is it not possible to transfer ALL the data from one phone to another.  Especially the contacts and the messages???  GEEZ

0 Likes
Re: Frackin' data transfer!
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time there is no way to transfer the text messages on your device. However your contacts are automatically backed up with your gmail account. For the application backup there are several options for this. You can go to the market and download http://www.appbrain.com/ to back up all your applications and have them re-downloaded once your reset is complete. Keep in mind all applications are from third party users and are download at your own risk. This however will work successfully so that once you have performed the switch the only thing you will need to do is re-download appbrain to reload all your applications and re-enter your email account information.

0 Likes
FramCire

I was told Verizon did not do transfers on smartphones at all.

I believe HTC has a sync app on their site you could have (HTC sync) which allows you to sync and transfer data.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The phone already has that software update on it.

0 Likes