Forward all X2 info to Motorola in THIS POST
droidian1441

First to Verizon: Make a separate forum for posts for the DROID X2 by Motorola please. A lot of people will probably like that.

Ok, now to the Motorola forwarding information:

1: Battery Status Bug

There is a bug on most of the DROID X2's now that if you look at the status indicator on the notification bar and it would say 70%, if you reboot the phone it will say 90%. The indicator will then not move until you reach 70% again. We check using the Settings>About phone>Status to check the percentage. This is talking around on the Motorola Owners' Forums. Note that this is happening to my X2 as well.

2: Random rebooting

Random rebooting is also become quite a problem since the 2.3 Gingerbread update. Some may not say much but it should be fixed. This also is talking around on the Motorola Owners' Forums. This is also happening on my X2.

3. Laggy MOTOBLUR

On mine and some X2's, the 1.3.380 update to 2.3.4 has made our X2's really laggy. It was not this laggy with the original .232 update. Please fix soon.

4. Update to 3D Blur

The DROID X2 is a great phone without the bugs listed above. What will make the full useful to its full potential, or in Verizon's software documents, "Get the Best out of your DROID X2..", is if you will have Motorola make an update for the DROID X2 to move up to the 3D blur version like the DROID 3 and Bionic have. It would be nice to get the same blur the DROID RAZR has (with the words written under the icons on screen), but I don't think that will happen. The X2 is fully capable of running this software and will be a great improvement for the device.

5. Ice Cream Sandwich Update

The DROID X2 is fully capable of running the newest version of android, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).  To name off a reason I personally think the X2 will get ICS is that I believe the ZOOM has a Tegra 2 processor like the X2.. Motorola has confirmed that the Motorola ZOOM will get ICS, so that puts up the X2's chances.

I really hope Verizon Wireless and Motorola will listen to this list of Bugs and requests. We are paying customers of both companies and we want our phones to work to the best of it's potential, or we all may be greatly disappointed.

0 Likes
Re: Forward all X2 info to Motorola in THIS POST
Tidbits
Legend

droidian1441 wrote:

First to Verizon: Make a separate forum for posts for the DROID X2 by Motorola please. A lot of people will probably like that.

Ok, now to the Motorola forwarding information:

1: Battery Status Bug

There is a bug on most of the DROID X2's now that if you look at the status indicator on the notification bar and it would say 70%, if you reboot the phone it will say 90%. The indicator will then not move until you reach 70% again. We check using the Settings>About phone>Status to check the percentage. This is talking around on the Motorola Owners' Forums. Note that this is happening to my X2 as well.

Seem that you are already in the Motorola owners forums, and that's the best place for bugs...

2: Random rebooting

Random rebooting is also become quite a problem since the 2.3 Gingerbread update. Some may not say much but it should be fixed. This also is talking around on the Motorola Owners' Forums. This is also happening on my X2.

It's an app you have installed more than likely.  A lot of apps in the market have not been updated for months and since have been abandoned.

3. Laggy MOTOBLUR

On mine and some X2's, the 1.3.380 update to 2.3.4 has made our X2's really laggy. It was not this laggy with the original .232 update. Please fix soon.

Did you try a factory reset?  Have to tried it without apps installed.  Then try installing apps to see if problems arises?

4. Update to 3D Blur

The DROID X2 is a great phone without the bugs listed above. What will make the full useful to its full potential, or in Verizon's software documents, "Get the Best out of your DROID X2..", is if you will have Motorola make an update for the DROID X2 to move up to the 3D blur version like the DROID 3 and Bionic have. It would be nice to get the same blur the DROID RAZR has (with the words written under the icons on screen), but I don't think that will happen. The X2 is fully capable of running this software and will be a great improvement for the device.

This is something only Motorola can dictate. 

5. Ice Cream Sandwich Update

The DROID X2 is fully capable of running the newest version of android, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).  To name off a reason I personally think the X2 will get ICS is that I believe the ZOOM has a Tegra 2 processor like the X2.. Motorola has confirmed that the Motorola ZOOM will get ICS, so that puts up the X2's chances.

Same as number 4, and ICS hasn't even been released yet. Also Motorola is the only one that can dictate this.  Verizon didn't make the phone.

I really hope Verizon Wireless and Motorola will listen to this list of Bugs and requests. We are paying customers of both companies and we want our phones to work to the best of it's potential, or we all may be greatly disappointed.

If you posted these bugs on Motorola users forum... They know of the bugs...

Best to put this in Motorola own forums.  It will do more than posting it in this forum...  It could be found here for those that do not know where it is.

0 Likes
droidian1441

On number one: Figured Verizon might wanna know.

Number two: It probably isnt an app because not everybodies X2's doesn't have exact apps I downloaded. It has happened to other people's X2's as well, not just mine.

Number three: Yes, all three.

Number four: True, but I'm just saying it would be nice.

Number five: Also, it would be nice because i'm saying the phone is capable.. Don't abandon the phone completely if its capable of running the new software.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

droidian1441 wrote:

On number one: Figured Verizon might wanna know.

Number two: It probably isnt an app because not everybodies X2's doesn't have exact apps I downloaded. It has happened to other people's X2's as well, not just mine.

it doesn't happen to other peoples droid x2's either. Just because not everyone uses the same apps doesn't mean it still can't be certain apps.  I have a few apps that causes problems for my D3, but doesn't for my Amaze.  There are some apps for my Amaze that doesn't cause problems for my D3.  It's a crapshoot.

Number three: Yes, all three.

Exactly how did you go about installing the apps?  How long were no new apps installed?  Did you use your "Google backup"?

Number four: True, but I'm just saying it would be nice.

Number five: Also, it would be nice because i'm saying the phone is capable.. Don't abandon the phone completely if its capable of running the new software.

not arguing the last few, but it's business.  If the Droid X2 didn't sell well they may do such.  Updates cost money, and resources, and if something doesn't sell.  They'll lose money.  If they do update it and it doesn't sell well or just enough it will be put in the back of the order.

0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3
Battery reading is deff. off. The camera can still be better, and thats using a 32GB SD card as well. The gallery is glitchy. If you take pictures from side to up-right and you scroll through your gallery you'll notice a glitch if the next picture because the shot was taken from a different angle. I caught it by accident just scrolling through. Also I've been noticing if you hard factory reset or get a LNR when you get to the first touch android to begin and try activating when you get to the part where it says welcome to verizonwireless and the lady talks/gives options to activate it beeps and you never hear your options. Just that beep beep beep like someone pressing a number until activation fails and is unsuccessful. Ive had two calls that I missed somehow after sliding to accept the call and no voice on the other end until it ends. Then a minute later I get a voicemail from that number. So clearly on their end I never even answered the phone. Other then these little small (could be major) issues, I like the build. Hopefully we get a 2.3.5-2.3.7 build made for this phone soon. That'd be nice
0 Likes