Fixed My WIFI Problem
Not applicable
After the update to 2.2, I was no longer able to connect to the internet using my CradlePoint b/g router. I could connect to the router, but not the internet. For whatever reason, I did not have this problem with my CradlePoint N router. Finally, tonight I logged into the b/g router setup. I did not change any settings. I just logged in and out. I also went into the Droids network settings and clicked on advanced. I selected the setting under WIFI Sleep Policy to never. I don't know why or how, but I am now able to connect to the internet with no problems using the b/g or n router. Who knows??
0 Likes
Re: Fixed My WIFI Problem
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Thank you for the post (sticky for a week or so?)
0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

jimfitzgerald wrote:
 I also went into the Droids network settings and clicked on advanced. I selected the setting under WIFI Sleep Policy to never.

Where exactly is this setting?  I can't find it anywhere under "Wireless and networks" on my Droid...  or are you talking about a setting on your router?

0 Likes
Not applicable
On the Droid... Settings - Wireless & networks - Wi-Fi settings - Menu - Advanced - Wi-Fi sleep policy I really don't think this made any difference because I switched it back to "sleep when screen turns off" and I can still connect to my routers.
0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3
Actually, while it probably had nothing to do with the initial connection, it does eliminate the occasional disconnect while showing a valid connection on the status bar when it was actually not the case. Thanks for pointing out the advanced settings.
0 Likes