Re: Finally, froyo! with proof
dadsterflip
we know its fantastic. We just want the update.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Plus improve porformance is a plus. I know we dont wanna end up as a droid eris leftover.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Plus I know alot of people are fine 2.1 but I dont understand why some folks get mad or offended when quite a few people do want the upgrade. its not a sin. I myself like to keep most of my gadgets updated. Working or not working.
0 Likes
MrDew

Well if you go to page to buy the Dinc it does say it includes android 2.2. So somebody is most likely getting it. I would say that more or less verifies it but of course anything could change.

0 Likes
DDalke69

I also saw that on there web site, (Verizon's that is) if you go to there purchase page and look at the technical specs for the HTC Droid Incredible it says 2.2 Android for the OS.

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

I de-activated my DInc last week, unhappy with phone call quality. I can connect to the internet through my wi-fi, will I be able to get the update using this connection?.

0 Likes
dadsterflip
Well its here. For all the haters out there.
0 Likes
dadsterflip
Not sure if youll be able to get thru wifi
0 Likes
ggiersdo

Those links do show it is coming up though I will not hold my breath on it being tomorrow till I see Verizon post the links to the pdf files themselves on the Incredible site.  It is nice to see light at the end of the tunnel though.

The link I really want to see is the one to the official update files for manual download.

I imagine that it will eventually end up here:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/droid-incredible-verizon/downloads/

However, the HTC support site currently doesn't have any news indicating that the official update is happening soon either and there are no files other than the ones that have been there since April.

0 Likes
ggiersdo

Actually, I would like to see instructions that tell us how to avoid data loss like texts, pictures from texts, purchased applications and whatever else is on the phone when we perform the update.

How do we back up the contents of the phone?  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version and have never gotten HTC Sync to work with my phone in any way other than being able to set up the memory card as external storage that I can transfer files to and from.

Thank you.

0 Likes