Re: Finally, froyo! with proof
AZSALUKI
Legend

24c....you wont get the ota update but there are ways you can manually get it. ggiersdo....there are some nice backup apps. you'll have to search though as i don't use any. i "think" there is a pretty nice one called backup pro??? you can copy the sd card to your pc, but i don't know how to back up the apps? i'm just happy i'll be able to download flash once we get 2.2!!! seems to be runnin pretty well for those that have 2.2

0 Likes
firestopper505

those have been up awhile i realize it says that date odd as it maybe but it was there prior to the last expected update.

0 Likes
dadsterflip

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/htc_incredible.html      . VZW has updated the spec on incredible to 2.2 . 

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16840/verizon_droid_incredible_froyo?source=rss_blogs   somewhere ther has the twitter about it from vzw rep. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

i know it dont mean nothing but the vzw online and buying a new incredible it features a 2.2 froyo. so it seems to be true this time around. 

0 Likes
Bizz00

ok guys...check this out go to phone and devices click on the incredible and check the specs. it's being sold with 2.2 in it so we should be getting the update very soon!

0 Likes
dadsterflip

yep

0 Likes
firestopper505

well in replying to myself, the documents were there i am happy to see that the phone specs reflect it now. im tired of getting the verizon run around to the point that someone in the store said they would root my phone for me...lol

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

ggiersdo wrote:

Actually, I would like to see instructions that tell us how to avoid data loss like texts, pictures from texts, purchased applications and whatever else is on the phone when we perform the update.

How do we back up the contents of the phone?  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version and have never gotten HTC Sync to work with my phone in any way other than being able to set up the memory card as external storage that I can transfer files to and from.

Thank you.

If you haven't already, download and install an app from the market called Astro File Manager. Probably one of the most useful free apps you could have on an Android phone. Under "tools" in the menu for Astro, there's a backup manager which will backup all your apps to the card, and you can restore them from there later if need be. Although you also get one shot at restoring them from the market, which is probably the better way to go. But if I remember correctly, I didn't lose any data when updating my Eris from 1.5 to 2.1, but better safe than sorry. You can backup your other data (pics, music, etc) through your PC by copy/paste from the internal memory to the card. As far as your contacts, use Google. It's what the phone was made for and it works seamlessly to back up contacts, calendar events, etc.
0 Likes
MrDew
Verizon's official support Twitter says it.starts today what more proof do we need?
0 Likes
dadsterflip
I win the bet
0 Likes
firestopper505

Honestly i cant believe i have been sitting around during my idle time wondering when this thing is going to come out. it is **bleep** and some are just so full of it. why do we have a community on verizons own site and they cant even give a straight answer. guess good business for them. especially for those who cant or couldnt wait for the 2.2 and bought a phone with it on it.. there is no proof til its on my phone. how sad is it that the store doesnt even know that the phone is being advertised having the 2.2 on it. verizon is starting to bug me, ive been with em since they were a child. been a loyal customer and praise all the time. just seems now they are getting too big for their pants and purposely messing with people. great you want to roll out something that works, then quiet your people up dont say a word, stop tweets, facebooks, and whatever else out there.til its official. the customers are what keep you going take care of them.

0 Likes