Re: Fill in your times: Ordered at x:xx am, actually entered in system x:xx pm, will ship by x/x/10
jrl226

My previous post:

Ordered at 4:00 am, actually entered in system 6:00 pm, will ship by 7/23/10.

and now this....

Here is part of an e-mail that I got on 7/16/10 at 10:16pm:

"Your Online Order has been completed on 07/15/2010 18:07:16 and shipped. You should receive your package via FEDEX ...."

And it is supposed to be here 7/20/10.

Don't know what happened, but at least it happened.

0 Likes
Re: Fill in your times: Ordered at x:xx am, actually entered in system x:xx pm, will ship by x/x/10
Chit2001

Pre-ordered (waiting list) nearly a month ago. 

-I showed up at the store at about 1700 hrs.......all sold out.

Called and ordered by phone at about 1730 hrs

-Told it would ship no later than 7/23, and the CSR told me "and that's at the absolute latest, there should be no reason it

would ship that late, though."

Emailed Verizon today

-Response stated that my device is scheduled to ship on 7/27

I"ve been a Verizon Wireless customer for 14 years.  You would think (I know this is crazy) they would appreciate that level of committment to their company and services and actually attempt to rectify the mistakes they have made.  I always stuck up for Verizon.

This is the FIRST phone I have EVER been this prepared for.... I've never owned the "latest release" and I planned this one to have it on 7/15.  Thanks to mistakes 100% on their end and them being "unprepared" (uh, yea right), I have to wait 2 more weeks.

It's a phone.  I have something works fine for now.  Just a little ticked off after all the seemingly deceitful methods the company is throwing out there with some of it's long-time customers (not to mention other customers).

I still have not received ANY SORT of "confirmation" or "thanks for your order" emails.......oh, but they billed my account within 15 minutes of me ordering the phone.

Take care of your customers, Verizon!

0 Likes
Dalies

Chit2001 wrote:

I"ve been a Verizon Wireless customer for 14 years.  You would think (I know this is crazy) they would appreciate that level of committment to their company and services and actually attempt to rectify the mistakes they have made.  I always stuck up for Verizon.

This is the FIRST phone I have EVER been this prepared for.... I've never owned the "latest release" and I planned this one to have it on 7/15.  Thanks to mistakes 100% on their end and them being "unprepared" (uh, yea right), I have to wait 2 more weeks.

It's a phone.  I have something works fine for now.  Just a little ticked off after all the seemingly deceitful methods the company is throwing out there with some of it's long-time customers (not to mention other customers).

I still have not received ANY SORT of "confirmation" or "thanks for your order" emails.......oh, but they billed my account within 15 minutes of me ordering the phone.

Take care of your customers, Verizon!

I totally agree on all points.

I've been a long time customer.  They have had their ups and downs but in the end, they have done a pretty good job of making things right, that is why I have stuck behind them.  This time however, customer service (in my own personal experience) was totally lacking.  There were many (thousands??) of orders that fell through the cracks from the customers who were most anxiously anticipating this new device.  These people were ready to be the first 'cheerleaders' for Verizon to get a new product out there.  And what was the reward for staying up late to be one of the first to order?.....NOTHING.  No information, no assistance, no support, certainly no Droid!  I personally talked to at least 10 CSR's and could not ever get an answer as to why my order was stuck pending.  I ordered my phone at 12:40 AM EDT and got a purchase confirmation.  Nothing ever changed after that.  In reading the forums here, it seems that this same thing happened to many others.  It seems that those who were most anticipating getting this new phone were the ones who ended up getting the 'shaft' 

I know my experience was very,  very poor.  Even more disappointing was that Verizon really had an opportunity to handle the situation better and they didn't.  Actually, it really didn't even seem like they cared.:smileysad:

0 Likes
slap1914

slap1914 wrote:

Ordered:  7/15 11:01 AM EST email order confirmation received

Processed : 7/15 7:42PM EST per CSR I talked to this morning

Shipped: ???

Outstanding! 

/sarcasm

Update

Shipped 7/20

Expected delivery 7/21

0 Likes
jrl226

Update:

Got it at 11:50am on 7/20/10. 

I have had no problems whatsoever with this amazing phone that could just be my last phone ever (for 2 years).

0 Likes
BeerMe828

Ordered it over the phone on the 15th at 8AM ET and got it the next day.

I know I'm one of the lucky ones, and I'm not writing on this topic to rub it in to you guys... I originally got the Incredible (after a 3 week wait) and returned it because it wasn't great, and because this beast of a phone is infinitely better...

I'm not writing on this topic to rub in my good fortune, but instead to tell you all to hang in there! When it finally does come, it'll be WELL worth the wait. I've been playing with it for the better part of a week, and everytime I pick it up, I'm still amazed by how awesome it is!

Good luck!

0 Likes
semperfarr

Ordered min 7/17 and got confirmation e-mail 11:01PM.  Still nothing else from VZW.

Their website always says, "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow."  When I read other posts, I would think that it would've at least processed by now and I would've gotten a different message on the site.

0 Likes
ipflash0r
Order Date: 07/19/2010
Order Number: ***********
Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.
still waiting for shipping info.. :smileysad:
0 Likes
mrmuggle

Ordered 7/16 5:37pm, Not sure when the order was entered into the system. Wwill ship by Order Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow. I guess I can't expect to receive this week not sure if I have to wait until after 8/3 to receive.  

0 Likes
semperfarr

Ok, so here's my update.  I called VZW just to make sure my order was in their system and the first CSR I talked to (Cathy in WA state) was clueless and couldn't repeat basic things of what I had just told her.  I spent 29 minutes on the phone with her.  She did inform me that my order in the system had a date of 7/20 (not 7/18 as my confirmation e-mail and VZW website lists).  This didn't make me too happy so we went around for a little while and I finally asked to talk to the internet services e-care system (that's what she called it).  She didn't know the number and sounded like she just wanted me off the phone despite me being very cordial with her.  She was feeding me some half-truths so I called her out on all of them and then asked if her supervisor had that number.  She told me she would connect me to them but I asked for the number instead so I wouldn't be disconnected.  She told me that they would tell me the same thing she said...(NOT!)  I didn't really think that the # she gave would be valid anyway...(800-350-2830).  I called it and wouldn't you believe it to be the same CSR # that I originally called w/ a different extension!  I was right.  Maybe I should've put Cathy on hold until I talked with the next CSR.  :smileyhappy:

The new CSR Aisha (sp?) was more professional and wasn't agitated like Cathy was and she had a better grasp on the situation.  My payment for the DX wasn't processed until 7/20 (which makes sense if I ordered it on Saturday 7/17 and it takes 2 business days to process a payment.  Unfortunately, my phone won't be shipped now until 8/3 instead of 7/27 like the order site said when I placed the order...O'well but at least someone at VZW isn't so new at being a CSR (Cathy) to tell me that the Droid X is a popular phone.  No kidding, really Cathy!?  Good luck...patiently waiting for my phone now that I know VZW has an order in their system despite what their online order status site says...."still processing..."

0 Likes