Female Voice saying "Verizon Wireless" keeps playing for no apparent reason.
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my droid on release day, and ever since it says "verizon wireless" in a female voice pretty often.  The phone would be sitting idle, and i did not get any notifications or anything.

Is there any way to disable that sound or any thing that might be causing this?

I would also love to disable it completely,  it can be annoying to hear it every time i recieve a phone call, before the ringtone, or i place a phone call, before it starts ringing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Female Voice saying "Verizon Wireless" keeps playing for no apparent reason.
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey There

I had the same problem to a certain degree with my Droid X.  It wouldnt go off random times..only when I received or made calls and yes it is extremely annoying.  Laubbin is right about this.  A voice is set to go off when you come in and out of service(something like that).  Go to Settings..Sound and Display..and Uncheck "roaming tone".  You should see it there and it should be already checked but go ahead and uncheck it.  This should take care of the problem.  I cant be 100 percent certain as my problem was only during calls but it has worked for me and i havent had a problem with it since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Female Voice saying "Verizon Wireless" keeps playing for no apparent reason.
Wildman
Legend

I have this also and I have tried to find this option and disable it but I havent had any luck so far, I am sure its something I activated in menu but I cant figure out what option, if anyone knows the solution to this and know how to turn it off, PLEASE SHARE.... because its driving me crazy:smileywink::smileywink::smileymad::smileywink: (Crazy Tick) :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Silvrsurfr

Settings,  Call Settings, Caller ID Readout, select "ring only"

0 Likes
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Already did that,  it still does it :smileysad:

0 Likes
laaubin

You may be loosing, then getting your service signal back.

It'll announce that fact in that female voice. Check your signal (bars) and see if you may be in a location with poor or fluctuating signal strength...

laubin

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey There

I had the same problem to a certain degree with my Droid X.  It wouldnt go off random times..only when I received or made calls and yes it is extremely annoying.  Laubbin is right about this.  A voice is set to go off when you come in and out of service(something like that).  Go to Settings..Sound and Display..and Uncheck "roaming tone".  You should see it there and it should be already checked but go ahead and uncheck it.  This should take care of the problem.  I cant be 100 percent certain as my problem was only during calls but it has worked for me and i havent had a problem with it since.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thank You!!!!  That was it for me, never would have figured that was the option for that., I could not take that doing that every time I cycle system power or received call...   Thanks Again

0 Likes
Scrotaltorment
Enthusiast - Level 3

That worked it looks like, I changed it about an hour ago, havn't had the random annoying playing, nor does it play when making/recieving calls now!

Thanks!

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys are welcome

0 Likes
RidgeTop

Sometimes turning off ERI under "Service Alerts" will also work.

0 Likes