Re: Factory Reset makes 2.2 work ?????
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I hope this hasn't been asked before but the instructions for doing a factory restore includes doing a backup of the sd card before reformating. After the restore is completed and the phone is up and activated again is it safe to transfer the backup of the sd card back or just the musics and pics?
0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

During the Factory Reset the Micro SD card is not bothered. You do not have to backup anything on the card itself.

0 Likes
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a full reset and it did not fix any of the issues I was having with the 2.2 updates. These issues include Music player losing focus and not supporting files. Alarm missing if using music files. Pictures and or video randomly corrupting. There are too many minor inconvienences to list. I would not recommend this phone to anyone until motorla decides to fix it. This was the most mislead i have ever been in the purchase of a phone.

Zac

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

another case here.....

did the reset really didnt help anything, 

=texts out of order

=music and media player sometime doesnt recognize files that i used the phone to record or mp3's ive played before

=dont always get alerts for texts and emails

=sometimes i get text alerts and when i pull down the alert bar it goes away

=still only one color led alert (amazing no one knows anything about this one)

=sometimes i cant hear a call and the caller cant hear me it not muffled its just silent

=browser force closes alot on all types of sites not just media heavy sites

=phone freezes several times a day

=phone gets really hot even sometimes when its asleep in my pocket i feel the heat from it 

=the my verizon app works like 1 out of every 10 times i open it and thats not an over exaggeration

=sometimes the keyboard will stay one the screen after i close the web page or open text it just stays on the home screen

=sometimes the camera just opens and forcecloses

=sometimes the camera will take a picture and wont save it even though i dont delete 

there are more this is just crazy and unacceptable it shouldnt take any 3rd party apps to fix any of this i just want my $300 phone to work right everytime i can get problems down the road but not with a new phone ......

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

another note i got the phone about 2 days before the 2.2 update so i cant comment on if thats what caused the problems.

great phone just should of been tested better .....waited 2 years for my upgrade and have just been so let down.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Xoclon: What types of audio aren't playing? Haven't had that problem on files known to play. The alarm I have heard of. I only use clips and never whole songs. Try moving audio to you internal 8gb and see if that fixes your alarm issue.

Halcp: what have they done when you took phone in store and showed then these problems? Surely with that amount of issues you could demonstrate a few of them.
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you can reset a phone and duplicate the problem you should take your phone back in and let them see the problem so they at a minimum note it. Hopefully they will do more, possibly replace it pending on the issue.
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
If your keyboard stays up when your not in a place to type you should press the menu(hold) and it should drop down. If you ever use the menu key to get the keyboard up, it should stay up. If you want to remove the keyboard while it is up just press the back button and that will typically drop the keyboard
0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

yeah thats not the case all part of the freezing issue after i exit the text message it shows the home screen with the keyboard and none of the keys do anything it just stays there til i hit the lock button on top to put the phone to sleep and then when i turn it back on its usually gone if not i have to reboot the phone. i have taken my phone in and was told oh they will have an update soon thats 3 different times now over about 25 days since the first and no update or anything.

0 Likes
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

MrHost wrote:
Xoclon: What types of audio aren't playing? Haven't had that problem on files known to play. The alarm I have heard of. I only use clips and never whole songs. Try moving audio to you internal 8gb and see if that fixes your alarm issue.

Halcp: what have they done when you took phone in store and showed then these problems? Surely with that amount of issues you could demonstrate a few of them.

The audo file problem is a known issue on Motorola's website. The audio files that don't play are MP3 and Itunes + songs, it also affects Pandora when the issues arises. A reboot fixes for about 5 minutes then it starts over. Point being the software is bad. I would trade this phone in a heart beat.

Zac

0 Likes