Facebook won't open
edeilbeck

When i try to open facebook on my Droid charge, I get a screen that says "loading".  It continues this until it says "connection lost - tap to retry", but will not open.  This ap has worked fine until a few weeks ago, and all the other aps on the phone open immediately.

What is strange is that I restart my device, I can open Facebook right away.  But after several successful entries, it goes back to what is described above.

My wife has exactly the same problem with her Droid charge?  Can anyone give me some advice?  Thank you,  Ed

0 Likes
Re: Facebook won't open
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

I have the same issue.  sometimes it can be resolved by going to the m.facebook.com mobile site via the browser (I use firefox btw).

0 Likes
chromepickle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to your menu, settings, applications, manage apps, select Facebook from the list of downloaded apps, and select the clear data button. this will delete your Facebook info from the app so you will have to re-sign in. This should help.

0 Likes
amenra550

Lol Im having the same problem and reposted the same question..... ooops I'll try the advice though!

0 Likes
edeilbeck

thanks for the reply.  unfortunately, the process did not work

0 Likes
chromepickle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear that maybe the phone itself has a small software glitch.

0 Likes
kri0103
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I seem to do better when I use the 4G, but with wireless I can never get the facebook app to load. Yet when I go onto my ipod touch, it works just fine. It was fine until this last update.

edeilbeck

Same with me. It started to fail to open when the last software update was received.

>

0 Likes
tom4cycling
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was going to post the exact same thing. I have an ipod touch that is about 6 years old that still works great, but by 2 week old stratosphere is not working.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

well there's your first problem, you're in a Samsung Charge thread... but nonetheless, Charge users have the same issue - and it has more to do with the Android app rather than the phone/Verizon.

0 Likes