Facebook not syncing from messaging screen
Iceburgh

Since this morning, after installing the 2.2 update on my Droid X,  when messaging tries to sync with my Facebook account, I get an incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct. I went in to the login info screen selected OK, still got error. Retyped in my password, still got the sync error. Went to remove account and reenter it since the username is grayed out, and get the incorrect username error. Some of my contacts that were from Facebook are gone also. That is what lead me to look into this further. I've logged into facebook all day with no issues. I believe this to be a bug with the update somehow. Anyone else run into this. Any suggestions?

I removed the twitter account from syncing for I didn't need to see that I was following 'celebrity x' and had that person in my contact list.

Some phone contacts disappeared also, they did not sync with backup assistant, but those are easy to reenter.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Facebook not syncing from messaging screen
Iceburgh

Let me add that I did get a message sync after the 2.2 update,  initially. It has been today that it has not been working properly.

0 Likes
mmcrorey

I have the exact same problem.  i have even gone in to the My Accounts section and re-entered my password.  It just keeps telling me "Your username or password is incorret. Please check them and try again."

I have verified my info is correct by logging out of the main website and logging back in with no problems.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try to uninstall and reinstall the application for Facebook if the problem continues try a reboot on your device the steps are listed below.

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab(located at the bottom of the display).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Privacy.

4. Touch Factory Data Reset.

5. Touch Reset Phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Touch Erase Everything.
0 Likes
mmcrorey
That isn't considered a reboot. That is a factory reset. The two are not the same.
0 Likes
Izeburgh

Why should I do a hard reset on my phone? It was working fine, in fact great before the update. I tried to uninstall the account, you can't uninstall the application since it comes loaded with the phone.

I do not want to lose the data and applications I have downloaded since the day I got the phone, launch day. I lost a few contacts when I did the update, and no none of the backup services seemed to have backed them up.

I also noticed the news feeds have stopped working. I have been getting no new updates since 9/22/10. When I try to subscribe to a new blog all I get is 'Error Try again later'.

I only have this phone, no land line to call tech support. If I have to go into a store for them to correct it or if there is a bug with the software update, please let me know.

Thank you

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry  mmcrorey correction Factory Reset.

0 Likes
Izeburgh

Yes the Factory Reset ended up working. Found out also my news feeds had stop syncing also. That corrected with the Factory Reset. Unfortunatly some contacts that were lost with the update did not come back after the Reset. Also intersting that one of the apps I used to have Android Lightsaber no longer comes up under the marketplace for me to download and reinstall.

0 Likes