Facebook Alerts
tragedy

I don't get facebook alerts any more, and I don't want to have them come thru as SMS. I tried dl'ing Bloo but that doesn't work. What do I do??

0 Likes
Re: Facebook Alerts
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

tragedy wrote:

I don't get facebook alerts any more, and I don't want to have them come thru as SMS. I tried dl'ing Bloo but that doesn't work. What do I do??

Hi.  I am sorry you are not receiving your facebook alerts and I can certainly look into it for you.  You stated you did not want to receive them via SMS so are you referring to the facebook application?  Do you have the alerts set up within your facebook account?  

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I had to enable SMS notification via Facebook in order to recieve them.  I had the same issue with my Storm, so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Droid X or Facebook.

0 Likes
jaylan222

I am having the same problem.  I receive them via the email account that i have associated with Facebook.  But, before the DROID X, I had a blackberry and I would get a specific Facebook Notification from the APP itself....  Please let me know how to fix this.....  Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
vango484

im having the same problem as well it doesn't seem like the droid x has pushed facebook notifications like the blackberry does. The droid x facebook app has to refresh itself every 15mins or so or however you would prefer to get facebook notifications. I hope facebook and Motorola come out with a update soon

0 Likes
SavannahsMommy

I am having this problem too.  I can get status updates, see my wall, send messages, ect, but I do not get any notificaitons.

The Cs rep at Verizon tried to help me and we deleted the facebook automatically linking with the phone and I downloaded the application from the android market.

That didn't fix it so I re linked the facebook account to the phone

I'm new at all this and very confused !! !

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

My suggestion would be not to use the Motorola app. Download from the market directly and link that way. Works every time.

0 Likes
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello

Im pretty sure anyone who has an adroid has this problem.  A Verizon store gave me the LG ally as a loaner phone til the X came in.  I registered my facebook and everything and I didnt have notifications.  I read some stuff online saying the facebook app for android is slackin and basically its not available yet.

I talked to the store manager who was using the X at the time and he also said he doesnt get notifications using his X..they just come through sms or his personal email notifies him.  Im coming from a blackberry storm and the actual facebook app give me a notification.

Its a shame that a device as good as the X is having the smallest of issues that seem fixable.  The volume issue bugs me a lot.  I can barely here my phone ring when its in my pocket and im watching tv in my room.  Now I cant even get notifications on facebook.  Verizon and Motorola claim this is the best phone on any carrier but I cant even hear a call LOL what injustice

Best thing you can do is download a facebook app from the android market.  I believe its called "FBloo" or "Bloo".  Set this up along with the regular facebook app.  Thats how I get my notifications now.  The phone will give me a notification saying "Facebook notification" and I can read what it is...either a wall post or somebody commented me..but then I just check it through the regular facebook app.

I hope the new update will fix this notification problem.  I have 2 weeks left in my 30 day guarantee...who knows I might just return the X and wait for the Samsung Fascinate..it looks to be a good phone.

0 Likes
semperfarr

I know when I had my Blackberry Curve that I had to use my "vzw.blackberry.net" e-mail address as the primary e-mail to get FB alerts on the phone.  My Droid X is on order until 7/27 so, I haven't been able to test out this theory but you might have to register your gmail e-mail address with FB to get it to work properly.  I'd be interested to see if this is the same case as a Blackberry device.

0 Likes
tamaral

I was having problems too but went into Facebook under the Account-Mobile settings and redid the settings to relink it to this phone....seems to work now.

0 Likes