FROYO Update???
mykil

I've been waiting for the 2.2 update, I've heard other people got theirs last month. Does anybody have any idea when this will happen? You would think there would be some kind of schedule VZW would use to keep us informed

0 Likes
Re: FROYO Update???
wulf1C
End of summer. Which means anytime within the next 2 1/2 weeks since summer ends september 22.
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
By first of year.
0 Likes
Mjnub1
I just spoke to tech support they started the updates today going by imei batch
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

yellowcanary73 wrote:
By first of year.

Why do you keep posting this on multiple post when there has never been any report of this or verification, no need to try to get a person worked up over this, I spoke to our rep at job and he reported that they will be doing them in tears so they can find out how the updates go, if they run into issues of first batch then they will look at the issues and try to fix them on next release so they wont have to address issues with all devices at one time, but as for the planned date hasnt changed. So this follows Mjnub1 post.

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
So you work for Motorola or Verizon the update will be out when it's out phone will let us know when it's available.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

yellowcanary73 wrote:
So you work for Motorola or Verizon the update will be out when it's out phone will let us know when it's available.

No but there has been a estimated date reported and there really isnt a reason to make a issue out of the release date, I have spoke directly to reps from Verizon and Motorola that has acknowledge the late Summer report for a release date, so unless you heard something diffrent there is no reason to feed any diffrent information at this time, I do acknowledge that dates can change do to issues but at this time the late summer (Before 09-22) date is still a possibilty date...  Normally I stop responding to questions about a date because it has been covered to death.... You are correct it will be out when its out but your statement seems more in the direction of getting users worked up...  You have your view and I have mine..... MOVING ON.

0 Likes
Philbert

The last I heard officially was "early September" so I would expect it sometime this week or next.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That is right, my mistake :smileyhappy:, as far as Im concerned I just want the sound quick fix, I can live without rest for now...

0 Likes