Extra Widgets
Sugrat

How come the 'get more widget' option doesn't work? it says loading then fails saying 'unable to download. try again' - it verizon stopping access to that feature also? It works fine on the Inc1 and TB.

What gives?

0 Likes
Re: Extra Widgets
Not applicable

I tried this out on the Thunderbolt just now, and it worked just fine.  The Thunderbolt I used did have the most up-to-date software, and was not connected to wifi.  To ensure you have the most current software, please visit this link:  http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html.

Let us know if it works after the software update.

0 Likes
Sugrat

Mike

This is the  Incredible 2 forums correct? I have the INC2 so that software update will only work on the Thunderbolt...

Other people in other forums are having the same problem so it's not down to just my device..

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have reached out to HTC on this issue after replying to your message Sugrat.  I have tried this on our HTC Incredible 2 as well with the same results.  HTC does have this listed as a known issue.  They have suggested the normal steps of power cycling, but do not perform a master reset as that has not proven to get it working.  Basically what happens when you click on the "Get More Widgets" option, the phone is supposed to connect to the HTC Hub.  The phone is not doing that at all.  So the issue is being escalated to HTC Software engineers (spent about 25-30 minutes on the phone with their tech folks), and they are working on a patch.  HTC stated that once the patch is finalized, it will be pushed out along with an over-the-air update fixing any other minor glitches that users may report on the handset. I asked for a timeline, and they were not able to provide me one.  If you have any questions, HTC stated not to hesitate to reach out to them.  Their direct tech support number is 866-449-8358.  Someone picked up the phone immediately when I called. 

I hope this addresses your concern more thoroughly than my previous post. 

0 Likes
Sugrat

Mike

Thank you for doing that, I hope that they are able to issue an update shortly....

Do you recommend that other INC 2 users should call HTC and report the same problem so that it gets pushed up the ladder?

0 Likes
Not applicable

They are currently working out the problem.  I definitely wouldn't hurt to call them if you have the time.  Getting through to them was actually really nice.  Someone immediately picked up the phone from tech support. No automated systems at all which was surprising. 

0 Likes
AliceBToklas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called HTC about this a few days ago and they were very good. Person had to get hold of a phone and was able to replicate the problem, all in just a couple of minutes. Nothing on a resolution yet, but it was a positive support experience none the less. Hopefully a fix will be included in the first update.

0 Likes
johndoe123

I'm having the same problem.

Cannot get the extra widgets from HTC.

Would love to have that working, notepad widget is very useful.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks, MikeS! I haven't been able to get more HTC widgets either and wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

0 Likes
EFaden
Was told that it is blocked by Verizon.
0 Likes