Re: Experience with the Bionic (so far)
dmad1rulz

Not sure if anyone has the same issues, but I can't seem to stream my music using ZumoCast from my computer. Kinda weird since it has no issues streaming my movies and stuff.

Also, playing my music through my bluetooth headset seems to be skipping when I'm only like 3 feet away. I didn't have this issue with my original Droid, but then again, it might be the headset itself. Needs more testing...

Still love this phone... but now I gotta figure out how I can make it work overseas since I'll be heading out in a few months.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

mlknez wrote:

What is your definition of HD video?  The accepted one is 1920x1080i @19.2Mbps or higher.

Actually the 'accepted' definition of HD video is also 720p, not just 1920X1080i

0 Likes
lilspirit

After a horrid experience with the Samsung Fascinate (a lengthy story in itself), thanks to a compasionate Verizon, I ended up with the HTC Droid Inc 2.  Not a bad phone, but I was not happy with the HTC interface.  Suprisingly, being the primary line on the family plan, I got an early upgrade and headed to the Verizon store.  While the salesman tried to talk me into waiting a few more weeks for the new iPhone 5 or the new Samsung on the horizon, I love android and decided to stick with it and have vowed never to buy another Samsung phone again (they proved to me they don't care about their consumers and thank goodness Verizon does).  Enter the Droid Bionic!

There was only one left in the store (authorized Verizon retailer with great customer service), and the owner took his time explaining some of the bugs that have come with the launch of a brand new product.  I knew that it could never be as horrid as what I had just gone through with the Fascinate so I made my purchase.  Brought the phone home, plugged it into the wall charger (as per the store owner's instructions not to use a car charger on the first complete charge) and waited impatiently to play.  About an hour later it was good to go.  My apps were restored from google, my contacts came through from backup asst., and the set up was quick and painless.  I live in a 4g area and I define my phone usage as light to medium.  I make about an hours worth of calls a day.  About ten to twenty text messages.  I check three email accounts on a 4 hour sync schedule.  I play about an hour and a half of word games.  Use wi-fi for about 4 hours, blue-tooth for an hour, take one to two pics to send about, and just mess with the settings for about 20 minutes getting used to the new interface.  That is my average phone usage day, and I am here to tell you, that one week later, my battery life has been great.  I purposely put it through a couple complete charge cycles the first three days, and now I haven't charged it in 2d 1h and 32m and am at 30%.   I definitly cannot complain.  I have had no activation issues, no dropped service with the 3g/4g exchange, great reception, fast data, loud speaker, and nice camera.  Yes, lemons do make it to the market, but I definitly didn't get one.

Now, bonus for Ford owners who rely on their Sync, as I do, Bionic works great with your Ford!!!   I have a 2010 Ford Edge and the Bionic is fully funtional with your Sync system including text message read-out and reply!!!  Way to go Motorola, this is a big plus in my book!

I haven't used the Zumocast app yet, and am excited to give it a try.  Streaming my audio/video files directly from the computer will be great.  Waiting for a little chunk of time to play with this feature uninterrupted and just haven't gotten to it yet.  I will be sure to update this when I get to it.

Overall, the Bionic has been wonderful for me!  Even the screen is good, so don't let the reviews scare you away on the screen resolution and pixel quality.  The screen protectors themselves make even amoled screens look pixelish too.  I hope this helps someone with their purchase decision.  Thanks again, Verizon and Motorola, for taking care of your customers and putting out great products!

0 Likes