Experience with tech support/customer service regarding 2.2 update/issues
DodgerCats

Don't even bother with the Verizon tech support anymore. I've spoken to them multiple times the last week and they seem to be reading off a monitor prompt to answer questions. It's pretty disappointing to think that the person asking the question might know more than tech support! I'm sorry, but tech support should be savvy enough to answer questions without reading from a prompt....you should know that product inside and out and how it works.  

I just called Tech Support yesterday because I refused to install 2.2 on my (second replacement) phone after the 2.2 update froze my original and 2.2 caused the first replacement to not hold a battery charge past 5%. I told them the 2.2 update message keeps popping up on my phone every hour and am getting annoyed with having to hit "install later". I asked if there was a way to stop this and they said they could not. I also asked them if the update would install FRG22D rather than the build that ruined my phones last week, and they didn't even know what I meant by "build". All they said was "You should download the 2.2 update, your phone will run better." Then they disconnected my call when I kept pressing the question about the build. Also, when I called tech support last week, they kept telling me to take my phone to a store to get it flashed. I live in Los Angeles, went to 3 large Verizon corporate stores and NONE have these machines that tech support is talking about!

Support at the company store is even worse. It's obvious these guys don't know the Android operating system that well or the phone. One guy from the corporate store tried to blame my live wallpaper for my battery drain and tried to tell me that a battery can only hold a charge for a few months before it should be replaced.

0 Likes
Re: Experience with tech support/customer service regarding 2.2 update/issues
grimcatnip

I just got off the phone with tech support.  After it could not be explained I was transferred to motorola's tech support.  And they sent me to their lvl 2 tech support.  The type of file i was using is not compatible with the new 2.2 anymore and they gave me a list of the formats that were.  and one of them worked.  so i guess my problem is solved.  Thank you for your time  😃

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Those reps are pretty much useless as they're spoon fed everything and if it isn't written down or in a knowledge base, you're just wasting your time with them.

DodgerCats wrote:

I also asked them if the update would install FRG22D rather than the build that ruined my phones last week, and they didn't even know what I meant by "build". All they said was "You should download the 2.2 update, your phone will run better." Then they disconnected my call when I kept pressing the question about the build. Also, when I called tech support last week, they kept telling me to take my phone to a store to get it flashed. I live in Los Angeles, went to 3 large Verizon corporate stores and NONE have these machines that tech support is talking about!

It doesn't appear that FRG22D will be a full build but more of a patch (only 1.6MB compared to the ~45 or 76 for the Froyo OTA) over the existing FRG01B build and only allows flash to be seen in the market and has a few security updates.   As for reflashing the phone, all they need is a PC and google and they can put you back.

0 Likes
DodgerCats

I would've flashed my phone myself, but unfortunately I don't think they make a Mac version of RSD Lite.

The Verizon stores seem to use PCs but with the people that were working there, I probably would've had to help them with the whole process.

Just going to root this weekend using my brother's PC.

0 Likes
DodgerCats

Grimcatnip, you didn't state what the problem with your phone was

grimcatnip wrote:

I just got off the phone with tech support.  After it could not be explained I was transferred to motorola's tech support.  And they sent me to their lvl 2 tech support.  The type of file i was using is not compatible with the new 2.2 anymore and they gave me a list of the formats that were.  and one of them worked.  so i guess my problem is solved.  Thank you for your time  😃

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
That is why he labeled his post the way he did.

This forum is for more than questions.
0 Likes