Enough yacking about when you'll get the Froyo Update (Android 2.2)...DOWNLOAD IT YOURSELF!!
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't wait for Verizon to push the update to me so I downloaded it myself directly from the Android (Google) site.

Visit this website on your 'Motorola Droid' browser and follow the instructions carefully.

Droid-Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/03/manual-android-2-2-update-for-motorola-droid/

Also included are instructions on dowloading Adobe Flash to your phone.  Quite simple.

Again, this is for the Motorola DROID only.

Let me know if you have any problems.  I'll do my best to help you.

Have fun and rock on!

~bladerunnin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Enough yacking about when you'll get the Froyo Update (Android 2.2)...DOWNLOAD IT YOURSELF!!
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome!  I'm glad it all worked out for you.

~bladerunnin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Enough yacking about when you'll get the Froyo Update (Android 2.2)...DOWNLOAD IT YOURSELF!!
Not applicable
I got tired of waiting, so I went ahead and installed 2.2 per the above. So far, everything seems to be working OK. I found the tethering application under settings and it is for Vista and Windows 7 as loaded. I clicked the Help menu and found instructions for downloading a Windows XP driver to my laptop and was able to get the tethering to work. Just as others have found, it took me to a Verizon signup page for 2 GB for $20. I would sign up and ditch my USB760 if it was 5 GB for $30, but 2 GB is just not enough.
0 Likes
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great.  I'm glad that it worked out for you.

So far my experience with 2.2 the past 10-days has been excellent.  Noticible performance improvement, although I hope at some point they can improve the music player, but it's servicable and I can sync it up to my iTunes library.  Looking forward to Android 3.0 next year.

~bladerunnin

0 Likes
Not applicable
I just tried to download Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and got a message that it has been released to partners and will be coming soon. I assume that means within a few days.
0 Likes
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm, okay.  There must have been a change in process the last 10-days since I installed it.  I was able to just go directly to Adobe's website and download the update.  Hopefully, the update is pushed out to you sooner than later.  The experience with Adobe flash so far has been pretty good, not great, but good.  This is only because a lot of the flash media has not been optimized for mobile yet.  However, the site's that are...terrific.  Once you get Adobe flash, download the 'Adobe Flash Showcase' app from the Android Market.  It will direct you to a few sites that are Flash based, for example CNET.com.

Have fun!

~bladerunnin

0 Likes
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah, here you go.  Point your DROIDs browser here:

Adobe Flash 10.1:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NT2ER7HX

Enjoy,

~bladerunnin

0 Likes
Not applicable
OK, thanks. It's installed. Seems to work OK watching some movie clips.
0 Likes
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome!  I'm glad it all worked out for you.

~bladerunnin

0 Likes