Email
Des
I just started having problems with my yahoo mail. When I open the email there is no content. I have to use my laptop to view. Has anyone experienced this?
0 Likes
Re: Email
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like it's an issue with yahoo.  I've been having the same issue on my Rezound (or maybe yahoo to HTC issue).  I also saw another thread about this same problem a couple days ago.  I dug through the settings on my phone and yahoo's site and couldn't find a way to fix this.  

0 Likes
mkwoman

It is not Yahoo.  I have the same problem and i have deleted and re-opened the account several times.  i have heard that ever since they did droid updates then people started having the same problems with the email.  i like my phone otherwise so i really hope they get this fixed or i will b getting the new IPhone.

Des wrote:
I just started having problems with my yahoo mail. When I open the email there is no content. I have to use my laptop to view. Has anyone experienced this?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Des wrote:

Thanks to the Community for the feedback!

Des,

We need to get it to where you can actually view and read your email details!  I would like to help.

After doing some research and testing on my own HTC device, I would like to suggest using the Yahoo Mail application available in the Market.  This worked great for me and other users experiencing the same.

Let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes
Des
Why would the email that you do with the setup of the phone not work correctly?
0 Likes
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2
There is another thread about the same topic. Several of us have raised it to yahoo. It* might* be related to the download of the today( beta) embedded in the yahoo mail. Sometimes the HTC mail client doesn't like the download.

In the meantime use k9 mail or the yahoo mail client to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

yahoo made a mail app to fix all issues with their mail and android phone

problem is already solved

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I wouldn't exactly call it "solved", most people don't want to have to install another app to have a basic functionality... function.  I understand installing a market app (such as another browser) that has more/better features than the stock app, but you should not have to install a third party app to make it just work.  

0 Likes
Not applicable

Des wrote:
Why would the email that you do with the setup of the phone not work correctly?

Hi Des, are you still having this issue? Have you tried deleting and re-adding the email account to your phone? When you re-add the email account, make sure to choose the option for Yahoo when re-adding the account. If it is not working that way, choose email and then manually enter the settings for Yahoo: 

incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

port: 143

outgoing server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

port: 587 

0 Likes
Des
I did delete and reopen the account and am still having trouble. I deleted again and manually added under mail as you suggested to see if that works. Thanks!
0 Likes