Email stops synching after 15 minutes (when it locks the screen). Any thoughts?
OldSlowLearner

I got the Droid 2 yesterday.  Email account (syncs to corporate email) works fine until the device goes to sleep (or what ever it does after 15 minutes that locks the screen then you have to enter a PIN to wake it up again).  Even after entering the PIN, I need to go into the email application for it to synch.  Seems to me like it should sync with email irrespective of whether the screen is locked or not.

I've run the Droid Power app and ensured sync is green

Battery mode is in Performance mode (to ensure it would always sync)

Email delivery is set to Data Push ON with a Fetch schedule of 15 minutes; Synch over WiFi Only is NOT checked

I got the newest OS update this morning, but still no joy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what else I can try?

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: Email stops synching after 15 minutes (when it locks the screen). Any thoughts?
OldSlowLearner

Bump.  Just wondering since I'm very much a newbie to this site...Do any vendor [tech] representatives monitor/review/comment/provide solutions to these threads (since they host it), or is this just a user forum?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Email stops synching after 15 minutes (when it locks the screen). Any thoughts?
Isadora
Moderator Emeritus

Hi

This is a peer-to-peer forum, meant mostly for the exchange of ideas and tips between members. While there are a couple of tech support people who occasionally post here, this issue may not be within their realm of expertise. We have forwarded many of the forum suggestions and concerns to the appropriate parties for review. Verizon is listening and we value your feedback, even if we can't always respond directly.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
OldSlowLearner

Thanks for responding Isadora,

My expectations may have been a bit different out of ignorance, but I guess it is what it is.

Regards,

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This may be nothing may than a simple software issue. I recommend performing a hard reset then re-enabling the sync. The steps to perform the hard reset are below:

To reset your phone to factory settings and erase all
the data on your phone, touch Menu > Settings
> Privacy > Factory data reset > Reset phone.
Warning: All data on your phone will be deleted.
(Nothing on your memory card is deleted.)

To reset your phone to factory settings and erase all the data on your phone,

touch Menu

> Settings

> Privacy

> Factory data reset

> Reset phone.

Warning: All data on your phone will be deleted.(Nothing on your memory card is deleted.)

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
OldSlowLearner

Thanks Zachary,

I've now done this too and the same situation continues to exist.

Regards,

0 Likes
OldSlowLearner

Zachary,

FWIW, if I disable the Push feature, it fetches as it should every 15 minutes, so that's how I have it functioning.  Perhaps a bug in the push feature; I'm quite certain its not an Exchange server issue since it worked fine on my Samsung Omnia and other employee PDAs.

Regards,

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
15 min pull kills battery... my push doesn't seem to work either.
0 Likes
OldSlowLearner

Agree that 15 minute polling kills the battery pretty quick, but I see that alternative as a lack of other option(s) -- I need to be "connected" for my job.  Interesting that your push doesn't work either; at least I'm not a lone wolf with the challenge.  Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Mine actually started working today. I didn't change anything... I just have sync set everywhere and have battery on performance.
0 Likes