Email stopped coming??
Dogmom

My phone rang last night and the call had really bad reception.  After I hung up, it immediate rang again, a different call.  Bad reception again (which is not a usual problem for me) and the call actually got cut off.  Since then, I haven't received any emails.  I checked my computer, there is loads of email but nothing coming to my phone.  All my email accounts are still there with automatic downloads, but nothing is being received by my phone.  I tested the phone to make sure it worked and it did receive the phone call.  The alarm worked this morning so I know the actual phone thing is working, just don't know why I am not getting my email.  Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: Email stopped coming??
OccamsMonkey

It sounds to me like you're on a roaming network or a voice-only network. What do your bars look like? Do you see 3G with an up and down arrow? 1x? Or do you just see bars with no text?

If your voice quality is that bad and you're not getting network data, tht's the first thing I'd check. Try shutting down your phone and rebooting. See if that resyncs the phone to the cell tower.

Hpoe this helps!

0 Likes
Dogmom

Thanks.  I should of thought of that being an ex-Blackberry Girl.  A battery pull seemed to work.  Lets see what happens when I get more email today.  Hopefully it'll keep coming...

0 Likes
dsxdroider

My email notifications have stopped coming in the past week. Everything email-wise worked fine on my phone the first 3 or 4 weeks. I checked the settings and everything is as it should be. But no more email notifications.

I am hoping that this is part of other email problems that 2.2 will fix? Any techy people who know more wish to comment further?

0 Likes
grifman57

Same thing happened with me.  Droid X has stopped receiving email.  I can go into the the account using the the gmail application, select refresh and it will then pull in any new mail but it is not longer doing it automatically.  Happened a couple of days ago and have no clue what has changed.

0 Likes