Email not auto-synching?
diehl95

new Droid X user - got it 10 days ago - former BB Curve user - and thinking of going back if can't get this email issue resolved.  took Verizon 2 days to correct issue - and that was only after  sales guys at  store played around with it, and corrected by luck.  and now it's happened again!  email (both corporate and personal-comcast) will not sync/download automatically.  if i either "refresh" or just open the icons. it will synch and I get the emails, but i get nothing unless i physically go in and do this.  "Data Push" is turned on in email settings.  VZW customers service was no help; store personnel no help, adn this is not a MS Server issue, or my company's IT - it happens on comcast as well.  any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Email not auto-synching?
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try the power widget included in Android and turn on to Auto Sync and see if everything working via PUSH. If emails still not auto syncing try to reset the phone to the original factory settings and then reload apps.

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and applicatin data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

0 Likes
Re: Email not auto-synching?
ssmith10pn
Enthusiast - Level 3

We didn't have any luck with Corporate Sync but it is a little better with 2.2.

We use Touchdown and it's flawless. It's also a little more like Outlook.

0 Likes