Email frequently freezes / Notification alert tones
meoslebo

I have three issues:

First:

I have three email accounts on my phone. When I check for new emails and switch between accounts, it often freezes. Sometimes it pops-up with a message saying it had to quit or I have to force quit the application in order to actually navigate to my other email accounts.

This happens almost every time I check my email.

Second:

When I delete messages, I tend to delete a few at a time by checking the box and selecting delete. It often keeps displaying "processing" and never deletes so I end up having to Force Quit the email application in order to actually delete the messages.

Third:

I have my gmail notification set to silent, however, every time that account receives email, it dings at me with my notification alert tone. I do NOT want to be notified via alerts for emails. Text messages are different.

It is becomeing very frustrating to work with this phone... never mind losing internet connection.

0 Likes
Re: Email frequently freezes / Notification alert tones
Not applicable

Welcome to the community meoslebo! I can certainly understand why these issues you are experiencing on your phone would be frustrating. I would suggest clearing your cache from you Mail application by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Email>Clear data/cache. If still having the issue, delete then re-add your email account. 

Also verify your notifications for Gmail are set to silent correctly. Here are some steps for Gmail notification. 

0 Likes