Re: Email accounts being deleted from Droid
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont know if this is going to fit in to this thread or not?  my email didnt get deleated, i am having problems getting my emails. things were working fine til several days ago when i noticed i hadnt gotten any emails from my yahoo accts. i checked the settings. everything looks to be where it should, but nothing works as far as email delivery to my phone send or recieve. i just sent a email test from my gmail acct. I sent it from my phone and never got the test email. im checking on my computer and havent recieved on this end ether. I am getting a little impatient  with this droid.  i have removed advanced task killer 2 weeks ago and installed a different one. I dont think this (task killer) killed anything because i havent had to use it since installed. Help. thanks in advance

,john5120.

0 Likes
AndrewWiggin

Had the same issue January 3rd.  I have had my Droid since early November with no problems using two gmail accounts, three pop accounts and a exchange connection.  Then I went to check my email and got the account setup screen.  The two gmail accounts were fine, but the pop accounts and the exchange account were gone.  The interesting thing is that the exchange account showed up in settings -> accounts & sync.  But if I selected the account and selected Account Settings it would not display the account settings.  I deleted the account from accounts & sync, then entered the account again.  Working so far, but there is a data corruption somewhere making the account loose its details somehow.

I sent this to Verizon and got a response telling me to make sure I have an internet connection (duh), turn off the phone and pull the battery.  Very unhelpful and did not acknowledge the problem.

0 Likes
oldgreywolf

I've had my Droid since Nov 09.  Started experiencing random deletions of both my exchange and pop accounts about every 8-10 days.  Removed ATK based on various things I've read on-line.  Problem continued on about a weekly basis.  Recently (within last week), both accounts have started to be deleted almost every day.  This is a major bug for an otherwise excellent device.  I sure hope Verizon, Motorola and/or Google come up with a fix quickly and don't fall into the "user error" mantra trap!

Anyone have recent advice on this?  Thanks.

0 Likes
bcwitmer

My experience is the same - 2 months email works fine then out of the blue accounts get deleted, not while doing anything on the phone, just pick it up, press email and presto up comes the set up screen.  First time call Tech Support, told there is no known issue, sorry.  Happens again go to store, guy walks around and asks other employees, no known issue but replace the phone.  Third time call TS guy tells me that yes it is a known software issue with corporate email accounts at this time, with NO SOLUTION AT THIS TIME.  Options are to wait or pack everything up and take back to store for different brand of phone.  Very nice...

Only thing I was thinking whether any of the email apps might solve the problem - K-9 mail, etc.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
danimal

Wanted to add myself to the litany of disappointed Droid owners - have had it for 10 days, and this morning, poof - two POP email accounts, an Exchange account, and an Exchange calendar are gone. Gmail remains unaffected. What gives, Verizon?

0 Likes
stigg

I just got hit with the problem.  Everything was working fine until the e-mail application froze up and I was prompted to do a forced close.  While I was running ATK at the time, the app was closed with Android's force close function.  After the fault, two IMAP accounts and one POP3 account lost their configuration.

I have removed ATK for now.  If I try to reconfigure one of the accounts now, I can enter the configuration and pull up a message list once.  After a few seconds, the e-mail application refreshes the listing to show no messages and either goes back to an empty acounts listing or hangs again until forced closed.

I am currently unable to add any new accounts that last more than 5 seconds.  GMail accounts do not appear to be impacted.

0 Likes
pme991
Email accounts being deleted is a bug in android. Goto http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4866 and vote for the bug to be fixed.
0 Likes
Joel

I have had two droids over the past two weeks and have repeatedly had the same problem of losing my exchange email and two pop3 accounts. I have no applications on the droid that did not come OEM installed. WiFi is turned off. My mailbox is about 2MB. With the first phone I lost the accounts after about 3 days. After the factory reset the accounts stayed for about three hours. With the new phone everything was fine for about 5 days. then yesterday I lost the accounts twice, luckily they are easy to set back up. We have done the factory resets, data and cache clears,new phones, reduced the number of synch days and none of it seems to matter. The motorola and Verizon help desks all says that I am the only one! I told them to go read these blogs.

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

Joel wrote:

I have had two droids over the past two weeks and have repeatedly had the same problem of losing my exchange email and two pop3 accounts. I have no applications on the droid that did not come OEM installed. WiFi is turned off. My mailbox is about 2MB. With the first phone I lost the accounts after about 3 days. After the factory reset the accounts stayed for about three hours. With the new phone everything was fine for about 5 days. then yesterday I lost the accounts twice, luckily they are easy to set back up. We have done the factory resets, data and cache clears,new phones, reduced the number of synch days and none of it seems to matter. The motorola and Verizon help desks all says that I am the only one! I told them to go read these blogs.

I have a different recurring issue with my Droid. However, I had the same experience with the Verizon and Motorola people acting as if this was something they had never heard before. Your issue of email accounts being deleted and my issue are well documented issues on numerous forums/blogs. I find it very frustrating that they acknowledge nothing. They really lose a lot of credibility in my eyes because of the denials. I purchased my phone on 11/6(the first day it was available.) I am not surprised that there are bugs. I expected them in a brand new product. But, I would also like to think that Verizon and or Motorola would not pretend that certain issues do not exist.

0 Likes
impactmlr

I started this thread, and have gotten a response from my Verizon rep acknowledging the problem and that a fix is "imminent". The paragraph below is from Verizon dated Jan 21, 2010:

"We have been working closely with Google, Motorola and MS to solve this problem and I now have some new information.  It does appear that certain Droid users are losing their account information when tied to MS Exchange 2003, sp2.  We are excepting the fix next week.  I will keep you posted."

0 Likes