Re: Email accounts being deleted from Droid
Joel

Thanks for the info. I am linked to microsoft exchange 2007 so I hope the fix works for that also.

0 Likes
Joel

Have you  heard anything on the fix? Even though I am on Exchange 2007 I am hopeful. I have to reestablish my mail accounts two to three times a week. thanks

0 Likes
r4gladstone

I believe I have found a work around to this problem.  If I back out of my email after using it (every time) I no longer lose my exchange account settings.  Back out, meaning that you keep hitting the curved back arrow on the lower left hand corner of the phone until you back out of the current email screens and land back at your home screen.  I use to lose my exchange account settings once per week or more, however, now that I do this I have not lost them in over one month.

0 Likes
Joel

Thanks. I will try it. Hope a permanent solution comes out soon

0 Likes
kayyxdonato

Swerve wrote:

I'm having the same problem. This issue first happened after I installed the 'Advanced Task Killer' but I'm not sure if that's actually related.

I agree, okay here's my lovely email story about my droid eris: I installed the 'Advanced Task Killer' a week ago...

Today I changed my lock password and forgot it immediatly, to get into my phone i need to write my gmail address and password which WONT WORK!! I have been on the phone with customer service for an hour, gmail has been deleted off my phone and I can't get into my phone. I can only recieve calls and dial 911. Freakin terrific!  I have to go to the verizon store, have my phone a) possibly wiped out, b) get a new phone. Thanks advanced task killer yes you help battery life, however yes you delete email accounts and caused me unable to access my phone!!! WARNING TO EVERYONE DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSWORD OR INSTALL ADVANCED TASK PHONE KILLER!

0 Likes
Wendibyrd

I am having trouble with my email as well, not being deleted but the POP emails are not being delivered to my phone.  They worked fine for about the first 2 weeks then all of a sudden the stopped coming.  I rely on my emails coming on a regular basis as they dictate my schedule for the day and can change minute to minute.  I have checked all setting repeatedly and all are correct and I should be receiving any new emails every 5 minutes but I don't get them at all.  Occasionally I can hit the email button and it will force the emails through (but by then it's too late and my schedule has been blown) but not always.  I have been into my local store a few times they send a test email while I am standing there and it comes no problem but the minute I walk out of the store they stop coming.  They can't figure it out and have told me there is nothing more they can do for me, to just try and deal with it.  The whole reason I got this phone was for the instant email notifications I was promised.  Wasted a lot of money on a phone that is not doing what I was told it would do.  It is not any good for me if I can't get my emails.  Anyone have any suggestions before I just scrap this thing.

0 Likes