Email Issues
SonshineQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two additional emails set up to come to my Droid by Motorola.  It took me awhile to get the settings correct, but finally did and they did work - for a couple of days.  Now, nothing.  It will no longer bring anything in to either account on my phone.  And, when I try to repond to one that was there (from when it did work), it will not go out.  It is stuck in my "outbox".  It acts like it is going to send it, but doesn't; same with load more messages on the inbox.  I "THINK" I stopped receiving them after I loaded Calendar Sync to my laptop to sync my phone's calendar with my Outlook Calendar.  Unlrelated computer, though, the testing I have done has been from my desktop.  I can probably work around it by forwarding messages to the gmail account, but I don't think I should have to do that and I am not sure I can trust gmail.  I run a small business from home and I can't have people thinking I don't have time to respond to their emails.  This could be a deal-breaker, particularly if my unlimited data isn't really unlimited.  I REALLY want this phone to work.  I like having the touch screen and a keyboard, and I like the fact that I can sync my calendars without tethering (I have a tendancy to enter events on my phone, then print off a weekly schedule from my laptop to track my jobs and time).  Any ideas???? 

0 Likes
Re: Email Issues
ellibtwo

Me too.   My email shows up when it feels like.  Today I received an email that was sent on July 16.   A week later??? C'mon.

This is the second time this has happened.  I'm really fed up with this phone,

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

this phone is unreliable as **bleep**. i have nt been getting emails 4 days.  then after a few days and too late, i get emails for about an hour solid.  lost count how many times this happend and it is not worth the money i paid.

0 Likes
SonshineQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed and re-inserted the battery and I am getting emails again, but not sure I can clasify the issue as "resolved".  The jury is still out.  I am watching to see that all my desktop emails are making their way to the phone.  I am curious though.  The emails that show up a week late - are they coming in addressed to a email account you set up, or to a gmail address?

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

My emails are not the only thing with the droid that screwed up. i lost all icons all three screens after i restarted. The phone signals a few nites ago were down, no service. reception horrible when calling a land line, they cant hear me and i have difficulty hearing them. other times while talking to another verizion customer my voice gets too loud. this is my 2nd droid replacement phone. so what do i do now?

0 Likes