Email Inbox Not Updating
Moon13

I just got my new phone last night. I set it up and everything was working fine. I received mail, my apps and widgets worked, etc.

Then today I noticed I had stopped getting email from my yahoo account. I thought that was weird so I checked the account on my computer and I had received several messages. The phone never updated my inbox. Gmail updates fine.

So I deleted the email address on my phone and decided to add it back. Now it keeps saying "authentication failed. Please verify your username/password." I am not putting it in wrong at all. Just to make sure, I went back to my computer and I logged into my yahoo account just fine.

Why won't my phone let me add my yahoo account back?

Also, every time I get mail I also get a message that says: BREW:104F4BC... What is that? How did I make it stop?

Please help! This is my first smartphone and I just upgraded from a feature phone.

0 Likes
Re: Email Inbox Not Updating
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The BREW thing is if you had mobile email notification setup on your previous feature phone.

See this thread for some additional information.
http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Stopping-A-Message-That-Comes-Through-As-BREW-0108f3...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Moon13,

If you are still having difficulty adding your yahoo email account please remove the battery from your device for about 30 seconds then re-insert the battery, turn on your device and then follow these steps:

1. Select Menu
  2. Select Mail
  3. Select the desired Email Account
  4. Enter your Email Address and Password. Make sure the Account name and Your name are correct.
  5. Select Make this my default mail account in order to enable/disable
  6. Select Finish Setup

0 Likes
sancat61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I have followed the steps outlined above a couple of times. Deleted the account and the reactivated. I have had the Incredible 2 for 4 days - email worked great for the first couple of days and then today it stopped.

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a known issue with the native mail client. Download a third-party mail app and use that instead.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Are you still having this issue setting up your Yahoo email? I see you were able to login to your Yahoo email on the computer. If the phone is still giving the same error, try clearing your cache. Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Email>Clear data/cache. 

For the Brew messages, that means you subscribed to Mobile Email on your last phone. The subscription never completely cancelled, so it is still trying to send you alerts thru SMS that you have a new message available. I have a tool available to remove these alerts. I will send you a PM requesting additional information so I can resolve this issue. 

0 Likes