Easy Mistake Voids Warranty
rjb0914

So a friend of mine and I are playing with our X's.  Under settings he activates "Accessibility" and "Screen Reader"  Immediaetly the phone stops functioning.  Locks up on any second button press.  He takes it to the local Verizon store and they pump some new software in it an it works.  Here is the strange part.  The Tech tells him he voided the warranty when he removed the sticker located inside the battery compartment.  THE SAME STICKER THAT HAS A TAB THAT SAYS "PULL".  How many of you have done the same thing before putting in the battery.  REALLY VERIZON!!!  Voiding a warranty for pulling a tab that says PULL.

0 Likes
Re: Easy Mistake Voids Warranty
sroach23

the same pull tab that comes on many electronics devices to remove the batteries?

0 Likes
lifeasawhopper

ummm **bleep** it says on there DO NOT REMOVE,if you read the booklet like you should have for the phone that "pull"is to release the battery when its in there!!so your friend voiding the warrenty is right,cause he cant read

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

it does say pull, not remove. First off if you didnt realize it was meant to be there then you shouldn't be owning a smartphone in the first place

0 Likes
SavannahsMommy

I agree with you 100%.   I tried to "pull" and "pull" and finially I just called Verizon and asked them if I was really supposed to keep pulling and tear out the piece of paper with the upc code/seriel number?  They said no......

The tab should say "pull to remove battery" or something similar.

OR...............HOW ABOUT PUTTING A QUICK GUIDE TO USING YOUR PHONE in the box !!!  No quickguide, No usermanual......lame !!!

0 Likes