Re: Earpiece sound during calls
plainv70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone noticed if this problem is more or only prevalent when talking to non-Verizon customers?

0 Likes
android714

I have the same issue. This is my third Droid charge that were replaced because of other issues. First DC kept freezing all the time even after three factory resets. Bluetooth on the second one did not work and now the earpiece on the phone crackles intermittently when I am on a call sometimes. I am still in my warranty period. I hope Verizon gives me a different model this time.

0 Likes
plainv70
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was lucky enough to pass by a corporate store yesterday with some time to spare; so I stopped in and asked for help.  the symptoms are in their customer service/tech support database as an idiopathic problem. lol. They rep (who was 1st class; extra kudos for the no hassle) quickly checked it out and arranged for an exchange. I was in and out in 15mins. Given the other posts on this issue around the net, I am not particularly hopeful, but it would be nice if this does it. We'll see.

0 Likes
plainv70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the exchange phone and configured it. First impression is that it's better; I'll check back in a week.

0 Likes
tgbowil1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with my Charge.  It even made the static noise when the phone wasn't being used.  When powering it off and on it went away.  I went to a Verizon store to discuss this issue and they thought the speaker was going out so they got me a replacement phone.  We will see if the new/refurbished Charge has the same problem.

0 Likes
soed23

Having the same problem with my LG Lucid.  Makes no difference who is calling me, and the problem is getting worse.

Took it by a corporate store got no love.  The service rep was skeptical (guess it fell into the "idiopathic" category ) then finally agreed there was an issue; she blew compressed air on the phone, did a soft reset, shrugged her shoulders and suggested that I could try to get it fixed by a third-party vendor because I was one month past the 1-yr warranty expiration (or pay full price for a new phone!).

On-line chat with VZW was also unfruitful.  First she said it was not a known problem (well it is now...) and suggested a Master Reset.  Since she didn't seem to know what she's doing I held back on the reset.  Based on the above stream most tech support folks have no idea what the issue is, and the most direct solution is a different phone...if you can find a decent VZW rep.

0 Likes